Ammunition is an international design group providing services in product design, brand strategy and identity, UX design, graphic design, and packaging. While Ammunition’s strengths are diverse across design disciplines, their real expertise is to redefine markets by using design to create a new business territory and to communicate and connect with customers. Whether it is a product, an interface, a package or an identity, Ammunition’s approach is to create new, exciting experiences for their customers that communicate the unique proposition and the brand of their clients, and to differentiate in meaningful ways. Apply now to be a part of this unique and innovative environment!
Ammunition designed the Polaroid Mint Instant Camera Printer, a 2-in-1 camera and printer. The pocket-friendly camera has been equipped with Bluetooth technology and is available in five fun colors!
Currently, the San Francisco based industrial design team is seeking talented candidates for paid internships. Ammunition is looking for candidates with a strong talent in developing unique design concepts to help bring the brands of their clients to life. An ideal candidate has practical problem-solving skills and is driven to develop thoughtful design solutions that create meaningful user experiences. Candidates should possess strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate ideas through outstanding visualization skills. Interns are fully embedded into the ID team and contribute to every step of the industrial design process, from concept generation through final implementation. A solid ID background is necessary, a strong graphic aesthetic will be well received, and practical experience with engineering and manufacturing constraints is preferable.
• Industrial design experience
• BS/BA/BFA degree (or equivalent) in industrial design (or equivalent)
• 3D modeling skills – preferably Rhino, Pro/E or Solidworks
• Confidence with 2D and 3D design visualization tools
• Evidence of prototyping abilities
• Great communication skills (visual, verbal, and written)
• The ability to think quickly and problem-solve on the spot with a maturity that maintains a positive team environment
• A portfolio that demonstrates wide-ranging concept exploration, innovative solutions, a clear process and is visually appealing
• Maintain design intention from concept generation to final implementation
• A thorough understanding of design principles
• Personal commitment to quality, attention to detail
• Interface with UX, graphic and packaging designers to create seamless product solutions
• Ensure innovation by actively researching, sharing and implementing new trends and materials
• Excellent time management, organization & prioritization skills required to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight timelines and meet deadlines
• Effective, articulate design communication and decision-making skills
• Coordinate with vendors to help define and spec materials and processes used in fabrication and assembly
• Report to the VP, Industrial Design Studio
How to Apply
Please send your resume and portfolio in an email entitled “Intern, Industrial Design” to email@example.com. Only those applicants who meet Ammunition’s stated requirements will be considered for this job. If you are a possible match for the position, they will contact you to learn more about your background and answer questions about their hiring process.
Principals only. No recruiters, please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
San Francisco, CA.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board