PURISME Bracelet: The Black Diamond

Our friends at PURISME are at it again with their latest offering – a Bracelet made of carbon fiber. If you’re a regular reader, you know YD LOVES carbon fiber. We’ve always been a huge fan of PURISME’s products – even if it is pricey but luxury this exquisite is on par with precious stones and metals. After all diamonds and carbon fiber are made of the same stuff. The bracelet is high-tech, rich and timeless. I’ve always loved the idea of carbon fiber jewelry. It sparkles, it’s incredibly lightweight yet stronger than steel. Stay glued for more info.

Designer: PURISME

• john q says:

i’m sorry, this is about as ridiculous as those iphones encrusted with diamonds. If a designer has mastered using something as carbon, why doesn’t he/she apply it to something more appropriate to the material?
    maybe i’m just pissed cuz i can’t afford it…

• says says:

i think thats the point, its not like this material is a new discovery, its been used in every other application for performance and innovation. lets use it in something that doesn’t need it for those reasons other than for pure aesthetics.

• Eric says:

I agree, and I think this is amazing. I bet less people die in the manufacture of carbon fiber than in the search for diamonds… And really what are diamonds good for? Cutting and a few other perfect applications (same goes for carbon fiber) so why should diamond rings be popular, yet not carbon fiber jewelry? Egyptians also used rare stones/asteroids for ‘accessorizing.’ After all that is the point right? Making it out of a rare/difficult material to work with. My only gripe about this particular bracelet is that it has to be made to fit over a hand, and I’d like mine to fit smaller than that. Maybe make this adjustable somehow or make two magnetic halves to allow smaller sizes…

• john q says:

you’re right, i think it just bugs me that a bracelet thats for decoration has no need to be 100 times stronger than steel.

• Eric says:

Sort of like the diamonds then? Do you see why it shouldn’t matter then… It’s all ‘over kill’ when it comes to jewelry, that’s the point of showing it off!

• Brennan says:

Definitely agree,

Jewelery as an entirety is pointless, isn’t it?

Dangling bits hanging off our ears, wrists and fingers made of excessively expensive metals and gemstones.

This is no more ridiculous than gold, really…

And being strong has more lifesaving potential, just in case you find yourself in a major disaster and need a small, lightweight, incredibly strong ring to tie emergency rope to.

• Very good point at the end there. I'm one of those people that likes "harder" jewelry, cause I tend to be VERY hard on my clothes and accesories..not to mention, if you get into a scrape and someone comes at you…it isnt going to feel very good punching a carbon fiber/ titanium/ tungsten/ ceramic bracelet or ring or something of that nature…lol

• Very good point at the end there. I'm one of those people that likes “harder” jewelry, cause I tend to be VERY hard on my clothes and accesories..not to mention, if you get into a scrape and someone comes at you…it isnt going to feel very good punching a carbon fiber/ titanium/ tungsten/ ceramic bracelet or ring or something of that nature…lol

• Carl says:

beautiful design. new technology driving design forward. would it be worn more by men or women?

• rodrigo says:

Super cool, different and fresh