Dolmen is a Dublin based product design plus R&D partner. They help businesses transform their innovation pipeline by creating award-winning and IP rich products. They deliver true innovation across numerous industries; medical, consumer and professional. Dolmen is a unique mix of creative and technical, and works best at the junction of R&D and marketing, accelerating products to the market with deep technical knowledge and user insights. With over 28 years of experience working with multinationals, SMEs, entrepreneurs and research groups, their clients include Diageo, Teleflex, Analog Devices, Hollister Inc, Moocall, ABB, BD, Boston Scientific, Klas Telecom, Stryker, Panbiora (H2020 project), Merlyn Showering and Clevamama. Apply now to be a part of this dynamic workspace!
Winner of the 2017 Red Dot Design Award, Omni is an industry-leading HD digital microscope. With fully integrated and user-friendly controls, it is the latest user-focused digital microscope from Ash and Dolmen’s 25-year long collaboration.
The medical and life sciences sector is Dolmen’s fastest-growing sector and as a result, they are looking to significantly grow their team in Dublin. If you are interested in working across multiple medical sectors, from surgical to implantable, wearable to diagnostic, urology to respiratory, drug delivery to control systems, homecare to lifestyle, then this opportunity is for you. They need a Senior Medical Device Designer! Dolmen is a team where design is at the core of who they are, not just the job that they do.
They are passionate about excellence and driven by the diversity of experience and global exposure to different clients at different stages of the development process. You would never say that working at Dolmen is boring. Having just completed their new 2022 strategy, they are now significantly focusing on the development of their team, and you could be a part of that.
- Working with the senior creative team to interpret client requirements while developing innovative new product propositions using a range of ideation techniques.
- Developing engaging concept visuals using a combination of traditional sketching, soft modeling and high-end digital visualization tools.
- (Senior) Managing team projects and client liaison/customer service in conjunction with the Medical Director. Working closely with the Medical Director to grow the client base.
- (Mid-Level) Accompanying the senior team to client presentations and project reviews and helping to maintain our high standard of customer service during all client contact.
- Following through on selected design concepts by using 3D CAD tools to develop models, test rigs and fully working prototypes.
- Working with clients and supply chain partners to ensure design intent is maintained throughout the process as successful product concepts are transitioned through to production.
- Recognized degree level qualification in either Industrial, Product or Medical Device Design.
- 5 – 10 years (Senior) / 3 – 5 Mid-Level) years of medical product development experience, preferably in a consultancy environment.
- Working knowledge and experience of ISO13485
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and in person.
- Ability to communicate quickly and effectively through fast, fluid sketching.
- Proficiency in the use of 2D and 3D design and visualization software. Preferably including experience in the use of Creo/SolidWorks and Keyshot.
- Ability to work as part of a flexible, dynamic team, while taking responsibility for individual tasks.
- An enquiring mind with an analytical approach to problem-solving and an ability to visualize simple solutions to complex problems.
- A solid understanding of how things work, with an obsessive desire to make things work better.
How to Apply
Send your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Medical Team’ in the subject line.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board