No Longer Color Blind!

Touch Color is the combination of a Thermal digital tablet and a Rainbow Color picking ring that allows a blind person to paint colorful pictures with his fingers on the tablet. The 24 colors on the ring are differentiated by Braille dots and varied temperature generated by the embedded LED bulbs. Artistically inclined or not, this concept of “Blind Color Painting” sure sounds like technology is heading in the right direction.

Designers: Yun Li, Guopeng Liang & Ke Zhao

Touch Color Digital Braille Drawing Board by Yun Li, Guopeng Liang, Ke Zhao, Xin Liu, Peng Zhou, Tian Gao, Wei Zhao, Yun Zhou, Wenbo Yang, Ling Tao & Qian Sun

touchcolor5

touchcolor4

touchcolor6

touchcolor7

• Tian says:

Nice concept!

• Yachin says:

coooooool~

• Bill Wang says:

Best design ever,cause I’m blind

• Diony Joe says:

Really nice idea. I have seen blind people painting, they use coordinate to locate the objects they are trying to paint. So that from the little bumps on the sides of the board, I can tell you did your homework very well.

• Zaha Hadid says:

It’s so amazing to enable blind people to draw.I want to see the picture!

• Philippe Starck says:

I had this in my mind several months ago,just too lazy to put it onto sketch.Anyway,great design!

• Steve Jobs says:

Nice work,wanna work for Apple, the firm making iphone?

• inclusion artistic for blind peoples.
    nice idea and good concept of product.
    this type project is very important!

• Steve says:

This sounds awesome. I wish I could see this.

• Tzeals says:

A great idea I am really looking forward to this but one thing is that still they cannot see it, only visualize it

• Jack Sparrow says:

To touch, for the blind people, is equivalent to seeing, think about bats, platypus,cobra and actinia,etc.,which use other senses to substitute vision.

• Homer Simpson says:

Know what, the color donut thing is just brilliant.5 stars!

• Hollis Ervin says:

Beautiful, accessible, and brilliant, but it requires magic to work the way you’ve described it.

• look’s like i mite be going blind and i’m only 21 of age and i’m sad becouse i’m love doing my Art.

• this is amazing this is going to help lot of people who are suffering from color blindness like disease actually i my wish to see this.

• Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have created some nice practices and we are looking to trade solutions with other folks, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

• Mike says:

My Godness this is something everyone should see atleast once…I will share this on facebook.

• Mike says: