Configure Your Picnic Mat

M.A.T. or Mat Air Together offers different permutations and combinations to the humble picnic mat, just to make your ground level seating a bit more comfy. Air pockets in different areas inflate to become pillows, a table and even armrests. Individualize your preference and enjoy your picnic! Err… high-heels and pins and banned for obvious reasons!

Designers: Ko Ha-Rim, Moon Jun-Young, Nam Hyeong-Taek & Seong Yeon-Woo

• Guest says:

which software did you use for making scenario??

• Guest says:

which software did you use for making scenario??

• Plumber Joe says:

Or people could not spend 20 dollars and just take the old blanket. Way to answer a question no one asked.

• martin o says:

Or maybe someone wants to take a nap but they can't on a blanket because they have a neck problem. Besides it's air, and it's only a design. Don't criticize it for utility until someone actually makes one.

• Plumber Joe says:

• martin o says:

• Pingback: Titre du site
  • Soley says:

where can I buy one?

• Soley says:

where can I buy one?

• Lexi says:

I'm wondering how each compartiment gets air in it? do you have to self blow it?

• It could work like a ThermaRest, where each compartment could be opened to fill itself mostly, then closed to contain the air. It works well for the camping equipment, and I guess would work well for this also (I'm no designer, so I won't claim to know the possible technicalities of using that technology.).

Really, the more I understood the point of this product, the cooler I thought it was. If made well, and cleverly, I would consider getting one.

• Lexi says:

• lol says:

congrats on inventing the air mattress

• lol says:

congrats on inventing the air mattress

• Mjs says:

I really like this Idea. Could work for picnics or fireworks or concerts or camping. Good job!

• Mjs says:

• Kico says:

as far as Yanko designs go, which tend to be exaggerated, useless or pipe dreams, i think this is down to earth and could actually make some profit. If marketed well and made with enough care that it doesnt get punctured in the nature, i think this is a very viable idea. It should, of course, be accompanied by a lightweight pump. Too bad it's for nature, so it'd have to be a manual pump instead of electronic. Perhaps a pump that can be hooked to the car battery?

• Kico says:

• Matt says:

So now I would have to carry a blanket, AND this?

• carlyyoung says: