As a leading innovation and design consultancy, Kaleidoscope Innovation differentiates their work and the business partners they serve through the talents of the individuals who make up their team and share their vision for transformative, human-focused solutions. Founded in 1989 Kaleidoscope Innovation focuses on lasting partnerships with both employees and clients as they work together to uncover meaningful insights, originate new ideas, and develop products, services, and experiences that empower business. Kaleidoscope offers strategically developed deep subject matter expertise across key industries, positioning them to deliver unprecedented value. Their depth of knowledge provides a catalyst that generates new insights, ideas, products, and services. Kaleidoscope’s team of talented strategists, researchers, designers, and engineers combine their expertise with a shared passion to make the world a better place for their clients, their customers, and consumers. Their team members help further the success of industry leaders, such as Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Motorola, Ford, Smith & Nephew, Microsoft, and Whirlpool. Kaleidoscope Innovation is headquartered in Greater Cincinnati—the home of the Bengals, the Reds, and FC Cincinnati Soccer, arts, and entertainment, including its own symphony, pops orchestra, ballet, and opera, and is a culinary hub featuring a range of cultural, traditional and progressive dining. From historical architecture and modern design to eclectic neighborhoods and year-round outdoor seasonal spaces, Cincinnati offers something for everyone right in the heart of the Midwest. Apply now to be a part of such a unique environment!
Under the supervision of the Director of Design, the Senior Industrial Designer develops creative and applicable design solutions primarily for Kaleidoscope Innovation’s healthcare and medical device clients. Provide a 360-degree ID view of primarily healthcare & medical projects, as well as non-medical projects. This includes user needs advocate, human factors expertise/methodologies for usability testing (in partnership with Insights & HFE team), regulatory requirements, manufacturing and brand assets/aesthetics, all culminating into a comprehensive functional and manufacturable solution.
- Ability to discern critical design factors important to assigned projects and to be able to logically defend design tradeoffs.
- Ability to identify the most technically challenging problems and create strategic and tactical plans to address them.
- Work collaboratively and seeks out other disciplines to optimize design solutions while being seen as an ID advocate.
- Partner with the Director of Design to lead, mentor and review the work of junior designers.
- Partner with the Insights & HFE team, participating in research and brainstorming activities.
- Take the lead to present design concepts and prototypes to internal and client stakeholders for review.
- Serve as an ambassador for the company representing and promoting capabilities and offerings.
- Partner with the Director of Design and Project Management team to create project strategies and proposals.
- Ability to act as the main client interface/SME on assigned projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related field is required.
- 6-10 years of professional experience in innovation/product development. Medical devices experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with FDA content/regulations necessary for medical device premarket submission (IEC 60601), including an understanding of how to apply the principles within the ISO 14971 risk management for medical devices is a plus.
- Demonstrated user-centered design principles expertise.
- Well versed in utilizing principles of design for manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D digital tools including Solidworks 3D modeling to ensure design intent integration and a smooth hand-off to/from the technical engineering group.
- Consistent ability to provide and inspire in other team members fresh, clever and unexpected solutions.
- Strong aesthetic sensitivity with discernment of good/bad visual design.
How to Apply
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board