VanBerlo is a strategic design and innovation agency based in The Netherlands. They define the future by playing with it first. From the ‘big-boys’ of commerce to driven start-up companies, VanBerlo works with a wide variety of national and international players. They’re involved in design management, product design & development, graphic & multimedia design. They don’t follow crowds that force them to think in the same way. While others focused purely on expanding their businesses, VanBerlo was busy shaping the value of design. Do you have a talent for strategy, research, design, development or engineering? Do you enjoy working in socially-minded, multidisciplinary teams? Are you a curious person, always prepared to collaborate? Are you ready to uncover your vast potential and work hard with your teammates to bring your ideas and designs into reality? Then VanBerlo is the place for you. Apply now to be a part of this groundbreaking agency!
VanBerlo partnered with Wings For Aid to design a drone that bridges the last gap when delivering first aid supplies. It went on to win the iF Public Value Award in 2016.
VanBerlo is currently on the look-out for talented and enthusiastic Industrial/Product Design students who are looking to gain experience at one of the world’s top independent design & innovation studios. As an Industrial Design intern at VanBerlo, you’ll have the chance to work with and learn from their world-class creative team and the opportunity to hone your skills while working on a variety of real-life projects. So if you’re an ambitious design student looking to kick-off your career, they’d love to hear from you. Internship positions for Spring and Summer 2020 are now open, so get cracking on your portfolios and prepping for an intense learning experience this upcoming spring/summer!
– A positive can-do attitude with a keen enthusiasm for learning and improvement.
– The ability to quickly communicate your thoughts and ideas, whether it be through sketching, physical model making or any other medium.
– A proficient user of 2D design visualization tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator).
– An understanding of 3D modeling & visualization software (e.g. Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot).
– A user-centric mindset with the ability to envision different user scenarios and translate them into relevant ideas and concepts.
– A discerning eye for colors, materials, finishes, and forms.
– A passionate, out-of-the-box thinker who dares to share their thoughts and ideas.
– Pursuing a degree in Industrial design, Product design or similar.
– A portfolio showcasing your ability to craft beautiful, well-considered design solutions, as well the ideas, processes and creative thinking that led to them.
– Ability to communicate in English (additional languages would be a bonus).
– The opportunity to work on real-life projects for a range of international clients.
– The chance to learn from and work with VanBerlo’s multidisciplinary team of world-class creatives.
– The opportunity to be part of their vibrant & dynamic atmosphere, working from one of their two stunning studio spaces.
– A dedicated mentor to help you achieve your learning & experience goals.
How to Apply
To qualify for an internship position at VanBerlo you must either be a registered EU citizen or a non-EU citizen who is currently enrolled at a Dutch University/ HBO. This internship role is an experience traineeship, meaning this role is not suitable for students looking to work on their own project, or those seeking to work on a final thesis project. The internship is for a minimum period of 4 months, taking place over the spring/summer semester period.
Eindhoven or The Hague, The Netherlands.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board