NewDealDesign, founded and headed by Gadi Amit, has always been on our watchlist for creating some of the most game-changing products for practically household companies. NewDealDesign helped design the first Lytro camera, a large part of Fitbit’s product catalog, and even created the blueprint for Google’s modular Project Ara phone! The company, for long, has had an obsession with the intersection between design and technology, and has shaped how we perceive these new, revolutionary technologies by literally designing around them, to make them beautiful, useful, and human-centric. NewDealDesign is looking for a passionate design-loving, tech-loving Industrial Designer to join their team in San Francisco, California.
We are NewDealDesign, an award-winning technology design firm and the 2013 National Design Award honoree. With over 100 awards under our belt, we work on the coolest projects in tech, from advance concept assignments with industry giants to the latest creations for hot start-ups. We team industrial, graphic and interaction designers with strategists and engineers to create delightful objects and experiences. Come and join us!
NewDealDesign is looking for a passionate and talented Industrial Designer to join our downtown San Francisco office. This is an outstanding hands-on opportunity to contribute and grow with a leading design firm.
• Contribute a creatively adventurous outlook to bring bold, new ideas to the table.
• Deliver a sophisticated aesthetic approach that balances an understanding of user experience and an awareness of emerging trends.
• Convey a personal commitment to hard work and effective time management.
• Collaborate proactively within multi-disciplinary teams to generate innovative solutions appropriate to the project needs.
• Support project communications with proficiency in presentation techniques and a strong attention to detail.
• Create form studies and prototypes with confidence in working with your hands.
• Build 3D CAD models to support form development, design detailing, and prototyping.
• Understand the value of color, materials, and finishes as it applies to product design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent.
• Must have 1-3 years of recent and very relevant industrial design experience.
• Competency in relevant digital tools – Adobe CC, 3D CAD, rendering software.
• Excellent hand sketching and form development skills.
• Great problem solving and communication skills.
• International candidates must have a valid United States permanent resident visa.
• Must have a portfolio that showcases a thoughtful creative process (sketches and models).
San Francisco (California), USA.