Sunbeam Designer Series Glass Kettle

I’m a bit jealous of you Aussies because you guys get this beautiful Sunbeam kettle designed to look like a carafe. Designer David Knott wanted something high-end and functional but to do so meant developing an electronic temperature sensing control to avoid the need for a steam tube up into the handle like most electric kettles. The result is a completely transparent design; modern and sculptural. The handle is chrome plated and the glass body is manufactured by Schott Duran.

KE 9400:  More information Here

Designer: David Knott

glass_kettle

Sunbeam Designer Series Glass Kettle by David Knott

• So cool!!!!!!
    Even the design itself looks beautiful. Where and when we can see this one in Aus…

• aussie_hils says:

i like.
    might pick one up in my lunch break.

• john q says:

great design I will try to pick one up myself even though I’m in the states (go internet!). Question though..eventually wouldn’t water leave calcification stains on the glass?

• So cool!!!!!!

• She’s a real beaut mate!

• Lamah says:

This is available in New Zealand, too! I’m definitely going to get one next time I’m in an appliance store.

• Tinaa says:

Same here I can easily see how that could be useful. Plus my folks would love me if I did. Will consider…

T J ASIB.org
    What’s the point of life said the guy up there? There is no point he said!

• simonalex says:

excellent design with laboratory glassware inspiration and charming hand grip, nice work David

• MARZADAY says:

I dont say this all that often but this is lovely. Nice work. I would buy one of these in a heart beat.

• David says:

Hi everyone.
    Thank you for all of your positive comments and a big thank you to Yanko Design for posting my work.

• Yelena says:

I am in the United States. Will this Kettle ever be sold in the US? Meaning the voltage difference?

• David says:

I don’t know Yelena. The design will need to be licensed to a US company for production in 120V. I certainly hope it will but unfortunately it is out of my hands…

• Ben says:

It’s a lovely design – makes me wish I was still living down under but I’m sure I can get a mate to mail me one here in Europe.
        One question though – if this is glass them wouldn’t it get very hot to the touch and possible your knuckles might get burnt if they strayed from the handle too much?

• chris says:

what program do you use to do this¡?

• chris says:

what program do you use to do this¡?

• dahldru says:

really wish this was available for people in the US (voltage issue).

• dahldru says:

really wish this was available for people in the US (voltage issue).

• Belinda says:

Hi David,

I have a similar question to Ben about burns… I really really love this Kettle and want to buy it so if you could respond very soon that would be awesome.

My question is: Does the handle get hot considering it is metal (stainless steel) and the close proximity to the glass?

Cheers!

• Belinda says:

yikes just read a review that says the lid pops off when pouring and the handle gets hot if you leave it for a bit.. This looks awesome but not for me.

• Brentster says:

I live in NZ and have had one of these for about a year and it is great!

• Brentster says:

The handle will get warm if you boil say two or three jug loads, but not hot enough to be of concern

Cheers

• He was separated About 10 months when we started
    dating and he had confessed to having a crush on me for a really long time.

A new Interstate protocol could be needed to allow convoys to build in the left lane.
    They provide you the moving service in all aspects and
    they provide the following services such as local moving, long distance moving, corporate moving, piano moving, storage
    facilities, packing services and order boxes.

• Ear deformities, especially in children can become a target for the less caring children resulting in the child being ridiculed and teased.
    Purchase shampoo or other hair care products that are meant specifically for people with thinning hair.
    Any cosmetic plastic procedure could be a worthwhile and extraordinary experience for both the patient and surgeon, if this is done in the light of surgical standards in term of safety.

• After all, there are more people to dumb and lazy to scrap metals than there
    are people with any degree of common sense and the willingness to help themselves with
    what others discard. Although CPA firm sites are great,they are only useful in introducing CPA or EA firm.
    This is an agreement with the IRS to settle your debt by paying less than the full
    amount.

• Everything is very open with a precise explanation of the
    issues. It was definitely informative. Your website is very helpful.
    Thank you for sharing!

• Ofelia says:

When deciding to acquire this procedure the location to be
    is at New York. s own nose, Rhinoplasty has the solution to all
    your needs when it comes to enhancing your nasal area.
    Types of Acne Scars – Acne normally leaves a huge physical scar that
    emotionally disturbs many. Calvert rebuilds noses that
    have been damaged by trauma or are unsatisfactory to
    the patient following the original procedure. Non-surgical rhinoplasty does not require
    general anesthesia or IV sedation. Do not go over this
    amount though or it will start to mess up things like the image’s eyes.

Smart – Lipo is a miracle that can change your appearance.

Connection is a lot more essential than the way someone appears, their attitude, the way they
    conduct themselves, how they act close to buddies, and even the way they chat.
    Numerous tabloids and blogs have speculated that Janet got plastic surgery,
    including a facelift and possible brow lift.
    Right fall in love with you, nor will it make someone stay if they are determined to leave.

• Mү hyρerkinetic performance was well-received, and onne well-spoken Englishwoman even wdnt ѕo far as to tell
    mе that I was the fiest Feste she’d eve seen.
    “The list of people below are all members of the 27 club, having been musicians that died at the age of twenty seven. She drums for Lisa Beck’s West African dance class.