Not just a toy company anymore, Lego has expanded way beyond making plug-together blocks. Aside from their flourishing movie business (Guys go see The Lego Movie 2, it’s amazing), Lego has also worked to create blocks that support entire franchises and even themes like the Technic and Architecture series that demonstrate a ‘serious’ playfulness by not just being about the toy aspect of the Lego block, but also of technicality, aesthetics, and a good bit of engineering. Lego is truly the building block that’s age-agnostic. With the Duplo blocks being perfect for little children, to their more serious collectibles for all ages, Lego is universal, and universally loved. Lego is looking for a Senior Designer to join their Creative Play Lab team in Singapore.
Join the global LEGO family
Do you want to bring toy and play concepts to life? Do you have an entrepreneurial and inventor spirit?
Work in a small cross-functional team; take on a variety of projects, both short term and long term while linking with the broader group of creative designers/developers across our global network.
• Sketch and build new LEGO toys and play experiences from early idea to testable prototype
• Bring ideas to life via concept prototypes, mock-ups, and LEGO models.
• Emphasis on quick, iterative prototyping, and model development.
• Consumer-focused product development – Regular participation in focus groups and ability to interpret findings for the teams and into appealing LEGO toys/experiences for the target consumer.
• Excellent knowledge of the Toy market.
• Strong communicator of concept ideas – both verbally and by sketch.
• Good ability to pitch/present concepts to colleagues across the organization
Play your part in our team succeeding
Creative Play Lab is the Front end concept arm of LEGO Product and Marketing Development. We are focused on the creation of radically new, big, and fun LEGO products/play experiences that delight and inspire the builders of tomorrow.
Creative Play Lab Singapore expands the global presence of LEGO product and marketing development. Our main hub is in Denmark with smaller hubs in Singapore, London and Los Angeles; we work together across these locations developing new LEGO products and play experiences. CPL Singapore will consist of a small cross-functional team with an entrepreneurial and inventive spirit. The focus of CPL Singapore will be in developing concepts derived from insights born out of the Asian markets
• Bachelor’s degree in fine arts for concept, product, interaction, industrial design, or related field.
• Skilled in use of relevant design software – Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino (or equivalent Software)
• 3+ years experience within the toy, invention, product, or entertainment design industry.
• Robust portfolio outlining sketching, storytelling, ideation, brainstorming, and conceptual design skills
• Proven ability to work in an innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
• Minimum travel two times a year to LEGO HQ in Billund Denmark
• Potential multi-week onboarding in Denmark within the first few months of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the CLICK HERE TO APPLY button. *Please remember to include a link to your portfolio in your CV / attach your portfolio in your application.