At OXO, we’re on a quest to make the everyday better. For over 25 years, we’ve made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we’re going to make it happen, even if it hasn’t been done before—especially if it hasn’t been done before. If you’ve ever thought, “there’s got to be a better way to do this”, you belong here, too. We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn’t just a buzzword at OXO, it’s a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, group limoncello making, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, and an annual ski trip—we like coming to work every day and think you should, too. OXO is part of Helen of Troy, a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Helen of Troy offer creative solutions for customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Revlon®, Pert®, and Brut®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories. Over the past 50 years, Helen of Troy has grown organically as well as through acquisition, seeking out and building world-class brands and outstanding products that elevate people’s lives everywhere, every day.
Reporting to the Senior Industrial Design Manager, this Design Engineer will be working on projects through the Design Engineering cycle to ensure products meet performance standards, quality expectations are manufacturable, and adhere to design briefs. This highly creative individual will play a key role in supporting the business the development of new products through the design of mechanisms, DFM, and the supporting of industrial design for the OXO brand.
• Leads design-engineering segment of a project, working with-in the design team.
• Work with industrial designers through the entire product development cycle.
• Design product architecture through mechanical design solutions.
• Create solutions that enhance a products performance and user experience.
• Engineer solutions that integrate with the industrial design.
• Engineer solutions that are manufacturable and within project budgets.
• able to verbally and visually communicate ideas and concepts.
• Generate CAD models and assemblies to evaluate and conceptualize how a product will be constructed.
• Simulate use-case of products through prototyping, model-building, proof-of-concept mock-ups of mechanical subsystems or complete assemblies.
• Share and present test results and design status with design team and managers, evaluating performance, project timeline, project risks, etc.
• Engineering support of new products from T1 through pilot/first production.
• Understand, troubleshoot and prove out manufacturing methods (molding, fabrication, etc.) for each unique product and application.
• As required, work with manufacturing partners to refine assembly and manufacturing process to ensure manufactured product meets design specification, functional and visual criteria (nit/flow lines, sink/deformation, flash, plating/finishing, etc.).
• communicate and work with project engineers when required to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing issues.
• Revise/modify existing CAD files as required.
• Assist, advice and support industrial designers during early concept development.
• Contribute engineering resources and support for projects outside of team’s projects when required.
• Update and maintain project management software (trello, basecamp, toggl).
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, or related
• 1-5 years with: 3D CAD(Solidworks or Creo), prototyping, product manufacturing, and plastics and injection molding.
• Experience with Asian Manufacturing a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage deadlines.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
New York (NY), USA.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Visit the YD Job Board to view similar jobs or to Post a Job Opening.