Start your (render) engines! This October, Luxion kicks off their annual KeyShot render competition to submit your best automotive-related rendering created in KeyShot for the opportunity to win a license of KeyShot Pro. What can you submit? Well, it could be a car, a motorcycle or a rim, headlamp or aftermarket part for any vehicle. Send it in and show what you’ve got!
KeyShot is used throughout the automotive industry, from the automakers to the aftermarket, for its accurate paint materials and unmatched lighting capabilities. Shift your automotive scenes into overdrive and submit your render or animation today!
The best rendering wins a seat of KeyShot Pro, the best animation wins a seat of KeyShot Pro + Animation, 10 will receive Honorable Mention prizes and all will receive the enduring admiration of the KeyShot community! Here are all the details.
- Submit your entry on the ‘KeyShot 2014 Render Competition’ forum board
- Create a captivating 3D rendering or animation of an automotive related 3D model
- Rendering and/or animation must be done in KeyShot
- Screenshots, fully rendered images, animations or KeyShotVR’s may be submitted
- Multiple entries are acceptable
- Post edits are acceptable
- The competition is open to everyone
Team entries are welcome – prize will be transferred to team leader
Learn from a Pro! Watch Tim Feher’s webinar on rendering automotive models in KeyShot, see this KeyShot Webinar. Or, sign up for the upcoming ‘Automotive Render Q&A’ where Tim will answer your questions about creating visuals with KeyShot.
For a license of KeyShot without watermarked renderings, email [email protected] with “KeyShot 2014 Render Competition” in the subject line. You will receive a license for use in the contest.
With your submission, it’s nice to know what work went into your rendering or animation! Tell Luxion what modeling software or other tools are used. If post editing is done, show a before and after. It’s always interesting to see!
Luxion retains the right to use any image or animation submitted for purposes of promotion and marketing. All rights to the image belong to the person creating the image and attribution will be given when an image is used. Additional requests for use of render or animation files may be requested of the user via email.
The submissions will be judged on three criteria: creativity, originality and composition.
- Grand Prize Animation: KeyShot Pro + Animation (total value $2,495)
- Grand Prize Rendering: KeyShot Pro (total value $1,995)
- Honorable mentions (up to 10): KeyShot t-shirts
Deadline: Sunday, November 16th, 2014 (last time zone)
Announcement: The winner will be announced Thursday, November 20, 2014 on the KeyShot website, forum and social media sites.
Some current entries: