All The Cool Kids Wear Air Jordan Prosthetics

3D printing has become an incredibly powerful tool to customize one-off products for differing applications. This project was based on using this technology to design a customized prosthetic leg for a specific user- a young, urban, male athlete. Nike was chosen as an appropriate brand to bring form to the leg. It also required familiarizing oneself with the emotional, medical, lifestyle, and physical changes the user would encounter.

Designer: Colin Matsco

• Great idea, even though they just want to make money with it :/
    But when it helps people to increase their ego its a good thing…

• zippyflounder says:

if the function is good as the form on this thing then 2 fins up, as to price that likely will be acceptable as most prostetics are semi hand made anyway (yes zipp has done some of that too).

• jheylin says:

But isn’t this as an actual sports device useless? With that carbon-fibre blade that has proved to be better, why stick with a normal, clunky foot?

• zippyflounder says:

think of it as a rear spoiler on a sedan, except for a very few (s class merc’s and the like) its just to give a sporting appearance to a otherwise mondane thing..this would be perfect for a young guy wearing shorts in the summer time.

• Stefan says:

I think the blade has proven to be better for the specific act of linear running. Something like basketball would need a more versatile platform to move from (i.e the human foot)

• NBGecko says:

Good point. The blade was never designed to move side to side as you would need in basketball.
      I’d like to see what this is made of. Looks like carbon fiber, but would that give enough reaction with the leg?

• JASON says:

maybe u can put that on a soccer player,for protection=D

• powers says:

A slick prosthetic just got design distinction in ID this year, so this feels a little late, but prosthetics are starting to come around design wise. ‘Bout time.

• Sam says:

wasting material ? adding pollution ? the point of this design is ?

• tyara denter says:

what up i love nike

• Marie says:

Hi! let me comment that i’ve this shoes and it’s great.
    Regards

• Marlin May says:

How about a design competition for prosthetics. Nike vs. Oakley vs. UnderArmor vs. New Balance?

• Ronaldo says:

Nike air jordan shoes at: http://www.shoes54.com

• irish says:

how do you get this?

• paul delos reyes says:

yea, how do i order this?

• Patrick says:

i so want this where do i get it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Gabi says:

My husband is an amputee and found the design incredible, he would definately buy it!! Is it already on the market?

• Nick DeSellier says:

Curious is this athlete AKA or BK?

• ProstheticDesigner says:

or another way of asking is; Trans-tibula (TT) or Trams-Femoral (TF)???

I would assume he is a AKA (TF) there is no residual limb where there is a piece cut out, 3rd pic on the right…. unless he has an incredibly skinny knee.

• Mink says:

I am a sports freak and this would be my best gadget!!

• aamy says:

plz i need dat

• Paquiela says:

Bom dia, gostaria de ter mais informações, inclusive como adquirir …..

• joan says:

hello,my name is Joan and I’m 21. I started to use a prosthetic leg 16 months ago, I lost my right leg in a car accident. Now I’m doing athlethism. I’m training hard because I’m going to the Olimpic Games. I have seen this nike prosthetic leg and i’m intrested about it. I want to know the price of it. thank you

• I’m a Marine and I hate to think that my brothers and sister that come back from our deployments blow up get prosthetics that keep them from feeling whole. Something like the Nike Prosthetic that my Marines have seen ask, what do they have to do to get one. I for one think that they have done more then enough, don’t you think? We as a socity need to rethink just how we are taking care of sons and daughters. Please think of what I just wrote.

• hassan says:

Hello,
    I’m Algerian, I’m a recent amputee, wanna get to know if there’s anybody who can answer : WHERE CAN WE GET THIS? everybody’s asking but nobody seems to have a kind of answer, is this prothese real? does it exist actually, coz I can see that no answer has been given!
    it’s not fair to let people like us, who’d already lost a part of them(phisical part), wait still… so answer us, or god’s sake, delete this artical …. thanx

• Manuel says:

Dear (s) Sr. (s)
    I have seen this nike prosthetic leg and i’m intrested about more information regarding how can I order. Also please inform me the price.

Best regards
    Manuel Amaral

• Giggidy7 says:

Just for people who were wondering, this was just a 3-D print. I do not believe that Nike has actually produced anything like this. I think it would be a great product though. This was probably was a design done by a graphic or industrial design person.

• Pamela says:

I have prosthetics how do I get one

• I do not even understand how I finished up here, however I assumed this publish was great.

I don’t recognise who you’re however definitely you are
    going to a well-known blogger if you happen to are
    not already. Cheers!

• Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to
    assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog
    posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing on your feeds and even I fulfillment you get entry to persistently fast.

• Usually I don’t read post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, quite great article.

• Sean says:

Hi my name is sean I was reading thru here and saw you had inquired about price I just was wondering if anyone ever answer you my little brother just recently lost both legs

• I read this post completely on the topic of the difference of newest
    and previous technologies, it’s awesome article.

• Chelsey says:

Thanks , I’ve just been looking for information approximately this topic for a while and yours is the best I’ve came upon so
    far. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you certain concerning
    the supply?