Prototype Of Universal Toilet Made

The Universal Toilet is a flexible toilet design useable by both individuals with disabilities and the general population that removes the social stigma of handicapped facilities. For users with disabilities, even a dedicated handicapped toilet requires maneuvering, especially when in a wheelchair. With the Universal Toilet users don’t need to turn or twist but can simply slide forward off the wheelchair directly onto the toilet. There is even a chest board to lean against for added stability and comfort. Handles on the chest board can also be of use when standing or transferring between the wheelchair. For other users, the chest board becomes a backboard to lean against. The Universal Toilet is also very space efficient, requiring only a quarter of the space of existing handicapped toilets. And since the toilet’s sleek, curving forms are like nothing seen before, users with disabilities need no longer feel self-conscious.

Designer: Changduk Kim & Youngki Hong

• Chris says:

Wow, I really like this. Has anyone taken it up for production?

• “We are currently seeking for our Universal Toilet production company.” “If you
      have any questions please don’t hesitate to email.”

• Brittney Greco says:

How sustainable are you designing the toilet? etc:
        Would it work off Grey water? How water efficient is it?
        What materials would be used in it’s production?

• sadi야인 says:

창덕씨 대단합니다….앞으로도 많은 기대할께요~ㅎㅎㅎ

• sadi야인 says:

창덕씨 대단합니다….앞으로도 많은 기대할께요~ㅎㅎㅎ

• xythus says:

one of the best designs i have seen in a long time hope you get it into production 🙂

• zen says:

this is really inspiring, indeed designers need to think deeper for the convinience of diabled users! hope it goes to production soon.

• Woo Seungkyun says:

창덕선배 작품이 여기에도 있구나… 화이팅!

• Papa says:

This needs to be in every public restroom. MAKE THIS

• wanju says:

for some reason, it just doesn’t look comfortable getting back up to the wheel chair for the disabilities.

• Please keep me informed – I am really interested in this and would like to put in our kitchen showroom

• masuno yoshiaki says:

How are you?
    I pair with Panasonic.
    Panasonic makes a handrail toilet stool with. I am sold in Korea, but do not sell it?
    I wait for an email.

masuno yosshiaki

• douglas clark says:

the prototype being sold for an outrageous price is nothing more than a toilet seat with sides that slides over a regular toilet, a far, far cry from the elegant design propsed.

• emmazhang says:

我很喜欢这款无障碍设计,十分的人性化,在设计中融入了设计者对于残疾人等群体的关心。

• Cathy says:

I think this is a great idea! How high is the seat from the floor?

• xXblahXx says:

very nice! but little kids might get stuck in the gap in between the chest board and toilet. can u make a smaller version?

• russ says:

if u r handicap, how do you wipe your….. after u r done? No way provided to lean forward. It also looks very unfomfortable for a handicap person to get his legs around. Furthermore, would your …. feel comfortable sitting in both the handicap and non handicap postions. Or would one feel A.. backwards?

It looks cool…

Russ
    MasterTech Plumbing

• Lisaa says:

I’m in a wheelchair and wouldn’t be able to use it. I need back support and side railings to dress/undress.
    Also, with foot support that can’t be folded away, like on my wheelchair, you couldn’t get close enough. Looks very difficult to get back up also.

Stylish, yes. Good enough for production for handicap toilets? Definitely not. Sorry.

• maral says:

this design is idiotic. I don’t think these guys understand disability at all.

• yabe says:

車椅子場合のアプローチ(移乗)が逆転発想なのが面白い。

• Handicap says:

This design needs arms and handrails on the side at the very least. Doesn’t work too well for something who recently had knee or hip surgery. Sliding forward like that on a wheelchair would be difficult especially with footrests.

• DOBBY says:

I ACTUALLY AM VERY INTERESTED IN THIS DESIGN. THERE IS A MOVEMENT AFOOT THAT IS A SERIOUS TROUBLE FOR THOSE OF US THAT USE THE MODERN TOILET BACKWARD BECAUSE OF HANDICAP. I WOULD BE ONE OF THOSE THAT POOP IN THE FRONT OF THE TOILET. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO POOP IN FRONT. I PERSONALTY CAN NOT SIT ON THE TOILET FORWARD AND FEEL LEFT OUT AND THE TOILET OF THE FUTURE THAT DOES THIS TYPE OF SEPARATION, HAPPY CLEAN UP AFTER ME! OR OFF THE FLOOR.

• mahdieh says:

my sister is a case of “spinal muscular atrophy”.this product is not usable for her at all,because she cann’t move with her hands and also she cann’t take off her cloths….

• kayla says:

i dont think this is sutible to every disability out their but to most it will work and its just a prototype

• kayla says:

• we can assist you with a bidet seat to match

• we can assist you with a bidet seat to match

• shejizhu says:

this design is design

• Maxine says:

If you pull your pants down, how can you slide forward? The pants strung between your legs would prevent you from sliding onto the toilet.

• MWM says:

can i buy this in Toronto. whats the cost and where can i buy it

• MWM says:

can i buy this in Toronto, whats the cost, and where can i buy it

• Chelsea says:

Where can I buy this universal toilet and how much does it cost?

• Where can I buy this universal toilet and how much does it cost?

• yazid says:

Hello there..

I would love if you think of universal as to how cultures use bathroom differently like arabs or muslims in general they use water to clean up not toilet paper.. how would you incorporate that in the design? lots of ideas I would love to share personally if there is a chance

• I am sure this is unpractical for any disabled and non disabled person. How to get on the toilet with your trousers on your ankles? How to get support to go off the chair on the toilet and v.v.? How to clean your bottom?
    no way..
    But…. I have a solution for these problems.
    I would like to share this solution with who?
    Please let me know.
    Daan

• mar-jc.com says:

I really love your site.. Ѵery nice ϲolors & theme. Did you build tthis webgsite yourself?
    Please reply back as I’m trying to create my own personal websitge
    and want tο know where үou ցot this from or exactly what the theme іs called.
    Many thɑոks!

• sal says:

you get on the seat before you pull your pants down. problem solved.