Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration, but more often they’re a result of a collaborative effort. Inside Garmin, they like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. They support professional development, offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for their associates. Garmin is also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy, sustainable world. With more than 14,500 associates in 65 offices around the world, Garmin brings GPS navigation and wearable technology to the automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets. Garmin thinks every day is an opportunity to innovate, and a chance to beat yesterday. Apply now to be a part of this innovative environment!
The rugged Fēnix 6 is perfect for the outdoors, allowing you to integrate mapping, music, intelligent pace planning and more to your workouts, enabling you to tackle any challenge in stride!
A world-class company needs world-class designers. Garmin’s award-winning industrial designers are the aesthetic and ergonomic hands behind their products – nüvi®, echo™, eTrex®, Forerunner®, just to name a few. Garmin’s designers collaborate closely with engineering, marketing, and management teams to explore, innovate and execute the designs you know and love. They create concepts for new designs and improve the form and function of existing products in all of their markets – automotive, OEM, aviation, marine and outdoor/fitness. Garmin also has designers for exhibit/retail and soft goods. If working with your hands, creating sketches on paper and by computer and building prototypes from materials sparks your creativity, then Garmin wants to see your portfolio! They’re is looking for a full-time Industrial Design Intern to lead and execute aesthetic and ergonomic world-class designs at their headquarters in Olathe, Kansas.
- In this role, you’ll be responsible for collaborating with Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Management teams to translate project goals into relevant solutions.
- Explore a wide variety of compelling design options.
- Communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means.
- Completed coursework in Industrial Design, Product Design, or a field relevant to perform the essential functions of this job description.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Must demonstrate digital proficiency in the use of tools such as SolidWorks, Keyshot, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Sketchbook Pro.
- Must demonstrate an interest in designing for one of Garmin’s core markets listed below:
Outdoor / Fitness
Exhibit / Retail / Environmental
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to provide a portfolio of school projects that demonstrates skills, experience, and training in product design is highly preferred.
As part of Garmin’s ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, they sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which they do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Garmin’s associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.
How to Apply
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board