IDEAZ is a team of designers, engineers, and visionaries who share a common goal – to have a positive impact on you, your business, and your customers. Their ability to differentiate and innovate is highlighted by the fact that their team members are named on over 75 patents, both design and utility.
IDEAZ set out to create a vacuum sealer with the largest capacity, fastest processing time, double sealing and bold aesthetics. At over two feet long, the FoodSaver GameSaver Vacuum Sealing System is not grandma’s vacuum sealer.
At IDEAZ, they design and engineer meaningful products that improve how people live, work, and play. With an emphasis on industrial design and mechanical engineering, they work closely with their clients to support the development of their products from initial research, all the way through to manufacturing transition. Currently, they are seeking Industrial Design Interns to join their team! All candidates should be passionate about product design, and have both the attitude and aptitude necessary to continuously explore, learn, and create.
- Candidate should be actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in industrial design.
- Breathtaking 2D and 3D sketching abilities.
- Fluency in digital sketching and rendering (Sketchbook Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Keyshot).
- Proficiency with 3D CAD organic surface modeling (e.g. SolidWorks, Creo, Rhino, Inventor, Fusion360, etc) strongly preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate designs with appropriate views and call-outs.
- Creativity, mechanical aptitude, and curiosity! We’re looking for candidates who accidentally break things trying to open them to see how they work, and those that are always looking for ways to make the products and experiences they have in their daily life even better.
- A solid foundation of designing for various prototype and manufacturing materials and processes (injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming, casting, CNC machining, sheet metal, 3D printing, soft goods, folded goods).
- Not afraid to get hands dirty in our prototyping shop to build a quick proof-of-concept model.
- Create and present interesting, organized, and aesthetically pleasing PowerPoint presentations that can tell a story and keep your audience engaged.
- Eager to participate in spirited discussions that arise between engineering and design teams!
- Open to critical feedback, and willingness to learn from mistakes.
How to Apply
For consideration, e-mail (no phone calls, please) your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. International candidates must hold a valid U.S. working permit. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board