Spanning destination retail, boat manufacturing, and award-winning resorts, Bass Pro Shops is an innovative pioneer in connecting everyone to the great outdoors. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting with more than 100 retail and marine centers that host 120 million people annually. White River Marine Group, part of the Bass Pro family, is the largest manufacturer of boats in the world by volume offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands including Nitro, Tracker, Suntracker, Tahoe, etc. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “One of America’s Best Employers.” Apply now to be a part of this visionary environment!
The Nitro Z21 is White River Marine Group’s biggest performance bass boat, without sacrificing speed and performance for size.
White River Marine Group is looking for an Industrial Designer! The ideal candidate is a highly creative, self-motivated individual that works well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. They must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines. The ideal candidate is passionate about details and has a proven track record of creating products that are authentic to a brand and connects emotionally with consumers.
• Lead design projects from concept to production release in collaboration with other disciplines, following the product development process.
• Ensure that early design concepts convey the consumer benefits, have the best class craftsmanship, excellent ergonomics, and innovative solutions while meeting cost targets and manufacturing capabilities.
• Utilize competitive analysis, consumer and trend research to identify product opportunities, color/material trends and market trends to drive product ideation and proposals.
• Develop innovative design solutions according to brand design strategy.
• Efficiently communicate ideas and generate design proposals through ideation sketches, refined 2D renderings, and 3D CAD.
• Develop 3D digital theme surface models.
• Work closely with the engineering team to establish product packaging criteria and guide surface development.
• Create mockups to study ergonomics, packaging, and form.
• Support new product development and engineering for six brands of powerboat products.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in industrial, transportation or product design.
• A minimum of 5 year’s experience in the design of marine, recreational, transportation or consumer products with proven, quantifiable results.
• Experience leading design activity through the development process
• Professionally developed design and presentation skills including concept generation, sketching, 3D CAD and graphic design
• Desire for and experience in physical prototyping. Experience with digital prototyping and prototyping soft/sewn goods is a plus.
• Proactive in identifying, owning and solving problems.
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage time appropriately.
• Experience collaborating in the corporate environment for new product development, engineering and manufacturing.
• Basic knowledge of composite, aluminum, roto-molded thermoplastic, and soft goods manufacturing techniques.
• Proficient in Photoshop and/or Painter, Illustrator. Experience in CATIA, Rhino is a plus.
How to Apply
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board