Founded in 1960, DCA Design International is one of the world’s leading product design and development consultancies, operating globally from their headquarters in Warwick, UK. Since the early sixties, they have helped a wide variety of companies design and develop market-leading products that users still value every day, ranging from the Stanley knife to the Eurotunnel Shuttle. Today DCA focuses on building long term relationships with large corporations in four market sectors: ‘Medical and Scientific’, ‘Commercial and Industrial’, ‘Consumer’ and ‘Transport’. They have received numerous awards such as the iF Design Award and Red Dot Design Award in 2019, as well as multiple Good Design awards. Apply now to be a part of this award-winning design consultancy!
Winner of the iF Design Award in 2019, the Supernova Guitar Amplifier is a concrete 360-degree guitar amplifier, with in-built amp modeling, effects, and wireless connectivity.
DCA needs a Junior Industrial Designer with a natural eye for design, a practical side, and passion, as well as drive, to do his/her best to become a key part of the team. The junior designer will work as a part of the design team, taking on project sketches and turning them into clear and eye-catching pieces of product design. He/she will be a team player, a confident communicator proactive in their approach to work, and should be able to use software packages such as Adobe CS, Solidworks, and Keyshot. The successful candidate should be willing to support the senior project team within group ideation sessions and throughout the design process, thus they must be confident in their abilities and show a willingness to learn new skills. The ideal candidate will have a fantastic breadth of creative thinking, built from a solid period of study at a top higher education establishment. Their portfolio should communicate their process and not just the final design output. As a member of a highly creative team, it is important that the successful candidate is continually pushing the boundaries of ID to ensure that the company stays at the forefront of product development.
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Rapid idea generation and implementation of design themes.
- Excellent visual communication and form development skills.
- A high level of aptitude in Adobe CS, Keyshot and great sketching is a must. Knowledge of Solidworks is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Supporting the senior team with the creation of presentation material for client meetings.
- Researching trends and their potential applications throughout the design process.
- Strong team player and contributor.
- Passionate about every detail and a keen interest in solving technically challenging problems.
- Bring a fresh and vibrant approach, creative perspectives and new techniques to the diverse range of project work.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Design.
- Graduate and up to 2 years of professional experience.
DCA Design offers competitive salaries, with other benefits such as discretionary bonus and profit-related pay schemes, as well as regular development training.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board