ROOM is here to make room for people in the modern workplace. They create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Their first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. ROOM delivers directly from factory to business and keeps prices low so that their clients can invest in bigger ideas down the road, by rethinking and refining every step of the customer experience they offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with the business, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future. Since launching in May 2018, Room has acquired over 2000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. They are backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018. ROOM’s belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows them to be different. They value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. Not only are they committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and but also ensure that everybody’s voice is heard. Diversity isn’t something the company simply preaches but something they practice everyday and taking care of their team is always a top priority. Apply now if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and are looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability!
Designed with recycled materials and engineered to perfection, Room’s soundproof office phone booths are seamless, sustainable and simple, and was named one of the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME.
With ROOM’s first product, ROOM One, they offer a moment of peace to everyone who has ever taken a phone call in the hallway, finished a spreadsheet in the quiet time at midnight, or sat alone in the stairwell to be alone and think big thoughts. As the company begins to expand their product offering, they’re are looking for a rockstar product designer who lives and breathes user-centric design, is passionate about sustainability, and has the skill to ensure that their products remain the most attractive ones on the market. The ideal candidate is a Product Design with experience driving consumer and furniture products from concept through production on time while championing the voice of the customer.
– Support the product design process, alongside engineering, from brainstorming and concept generation through production.
– Create concept sketches and renderings to present to key stakeholders.
– Get your hands dirty making initial prototypes to verify new ideas.
– Act as a key stakeholder in developing ROOM’s product families and product roadmap.
– Cultivate a deep understanding of our customers and advocate for solutions based on their needs and pain points.
– Specify CMF (colors, materials, finish) for new products.
– Ability to synthesize an understanding of customer behavior, our brand, and market trends into a story and a product.
– A degree in Industrial Design or an equivalent program.
– 4+ years of product design experience.
– Incredible 3D CAD Modeling Skills, especially with the surfacing. (SolidWorks strongly preferred).
– Ability to quickly create and iterate on photorealistic renderings (KeyShot, VRay, Cinema 4D, etc.)
– Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite like the back of your hand.
– Jaw-dropping portfolio with demonstrated ability to execute on tight deadlines.
– Projects ranging across a variety of materials and manufacturing processes. Furniture and textile experience is a must.
– Experience in a startup environment where you have taken ideas from conception to production.
– Uncanny ability to juggle multiple priorities and make trade-off decisions when timeline, specs and/or budget don’t align.
– Confident self-starter who is comfortable working in a changing and ambiguous environment.
– Eager to wear multiple hats and do the next most important task, even when it is new, unfamiliar, or outside the scope of your daily work
Health & wellness: Fully covered medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
Equity: Company stock to honor your hard work and dedication.
Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
New York, NY.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board