Arguably one of the most valued companies in its industry, Bose is responsible for producing some of the most high-end consumer audio equipment internationally. Founded by Amar Bose in 1964, Bose is best known for its home audio systems and speakers, noise-canceling headphones, professional audio systems, and automobile sound systems. The company has also conducted research into suspension technologies for cars and heavy-duty trucks, and even into the subject of cold fusion. Bose is looking to hire a Hardware User Experience Designer to join their headquarters in Framingham, Massachusetts.
We are capable and curious individuals who champion user-centered design. Our work reaches and delights millions of people daily. We are professionals skilled in multi-faceted interaction design creation. We derive satisfaction by creating the best hardware, software, and mobile application experiences. This role focuses on hardware-based user experience challenges.
WHAT DRIVES YOU?
• Elated seeing your design emerge in iterative physical forms.
• Fascinated by user behavior and energized by new technologies that solve real problems.
• Seeing value in multiple approaches to solve a problem. Pursuing the balance between vision and pragmatism.
• Sweating the details and expecting the same of your colleagues.
• Dissatisfied with the status quo and comfortable taking risks, failing fast, and learning quickly.
• You get ID, and they get you.
WHO ARE YOU?
You think flexibly
• You think about the individual design requirements and implementation, but constantly consider the continuity through multiple experiences.
• You’re trained to deliver thoughtful and complete user needs analysis, with clearly prioritized and defined user workflows to inform architectural requirements.
You get it done
• You launched physical products into the world that delighted customers.
• You highlight the problems others don’t notice, and deploy a refined design toolset to tackle these challenges.
• You are capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing your own work, as well as helping junior designers do the same.
You want to be part of a team
• You take direction while effectively leading others toward a clear experience vision, articulating the value of a human-centered approach to the business and to our customers.
• You enjoy engaging with multiple team members and value diverse perspectives. You want feedback and recognize the necessity of working together to get a product out the door.
• Three to five years of launching physical products into the world. Hands-on experience designing consumer electronics products
• You have a bachelor’s degree in human factors engineering, User Interface/Interaction Design, HCI, Behavior Sciences or a related field, with several years of related work experience.
• An online portfolio that demonstrates strong experience in creating concepts and detailing consumer journey, specifying interaction for hardware, but mindful of associated digital assistants for consumer products.
• You are highly capable using the tools of our trade including Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, PowerPoint/Keynote, Illustrator, and learning new tools as they arise.
• Extensive experience in working directly with engineers and leading complex discussions in UX design.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Incredible time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Master’s or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field, or equivalent professional experience in the design field.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive compensation, including both a 401k and pension plan (Yes, pensions still exist!)
• Generous benefits including medical, dental, and vision
• A culture that recognizes the importance of your life and learning outside the walls of Bose. – with financial support to continue your education
• Co-workers who want you to succeed, because your success is our success.
• Management which focuses on removing roadblocks, enabling and growing individuals, and championing the work of the team.
• An atmosphere where failure is seen as an opportunity to grow, taking risks is encouraged, and respect is paramount.
Framingham (Massachusetts), USA.