Arguably one of the most valued companies in its industry, Bose is responsible for producing some of the most high-end consumer audio equipment internationally. Founded by Amar Bose in 1964, Bose is best known for its home audio systems and speakers, noise-canceling headphones, professional audio systems, and automobile sound systems. The company has also conducted research into suspension technologies for cars and heavy-duty trucks, and even into the subject of cold fusion. Bose is looking to hire a Hardware User Experience Designer to join their headquarters in Framingham, Massachusetts.
We are capable and curious individuals who champion user-centered design. Our work reaches and delights millions of people daily. We are professionals skilled in multi-faceted interaction design creation. We derive satisfaction by creating the best hardware, software, and mobile application experiences. This role focuses on hardware-based user experience challenges.
WHAT DRIVES YOU?
• Elated seeing your design emerge in iterative physical forms.
• Fascinated by user behavior and energized by new technologies that solve real problems.
• Seeing value in multiple approaches to solve a problem. Pursuing the balance between vision and pragmatism.
• Sweating the details and expecting the same of your colleagues.
• Dissatisfied with the status quo and comfortable taking risks, failing fast, and learning quickly.
• You get ID, and they get you.
WHO ARE YOU?
You think flexibly
• You think about the individual design requirements and implementation, but constantly consider the continuity through multiple experiences.
• You’re trained to deliver thoughtful and complete user needs analysis, with clearly prioritized and defined user workflows to inform architectural requirements.
You get it done
• You launched physical products into the world that delighted customers.
• You highlight the problems others don’t notice, and deploy a refined design toolset to tackle these challenges.
• You are capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing your own work, as well as helping junior designers do the same.
You want to be part of a team
• You take direction while effectively leading others toward a clear experience vision, articulating the value of a human-centered approach to the business and to our customers.
• You enjoy engaging with multiple team members and value diverse perspectives. You want feedback and recognize the necessity of working together to get a product out the door.
• Three to five years of launching physical products into the world. Hands-on experience designing consumer electronics products
• You have a bachelor’s degree in human factors engineering, User Interface/Interaction Design, HCI, Behavior Sciences or a related field, with several years of related work experience.
• An online portfolio that demonstrates strong experience in creating concepts and detailing consumer journey, specifying interaction for hardware, but mindful of associated digital assistants for consumer products.
• You are highly capable using the tools of our trade including Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, PowerPoint/Keynote, Illustrator, and learning new tools as they arise.
• Extensive experience in working directly with engineers and leading complex discussions in UX design.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Incredible time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Master’s or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field, or equivalent professional experience in the design field.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive compensation, including both a 401k and pension plan (Yes, pensions still exist!)
• Generous benefits including medical, dental, and vision
• A culture that recognizes the importance of your life and learning outside the walls of Bose. – with financial support to continue your education
• Co-workers who want you to succeed, because your success is our success.
• Management which focuses on removing roadblocks, enabling and growing individuals, and championing the work of the team.
• An atmosphere where failure is seen as an opportunity to grow, taking risks is encouraged, and respect is paramount.
Framingham (Massachusetts), USA.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Visit the YD Job Board to view similar jobs or to post a Job Opening.