Bang & Olufsen was founded by Peter Bang and Sven Olufsen in 1925, starting with manufacturing radios and growing to become one of the world’s best producers of high-end audio equipment with a design style that’s sculptural, and that puts form on a pedestal, without sacrificing function. B&O has a distinctive design appeal that Wired described as “quality media delivery via striking objects”. The company is looking for a seasoned CMF designer to join their team in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Do you have 3+ years of experience working with color, materials and finish, and would you like to use this experience in the design of Bang & Olufsen’s luxury lifestyle audio products? And are you looking for an opportunity to:
– Improve your CMF design skills and apply them to Bang & Olufsen products?
– Join one of the best-known luxury brands in the world?
– Gain an international network of competent and collaborative colleagues?
Join the Design team
As our new CMF designer, you will join the Design team in Lyngby, Denmark, consisting of 6 design managers with different competencies. Together with colleagues based in Lyngby, Struer and Singapore, we participate in cross-functional projects, contributing with our product design expertise. Doing so, we work as one team to share knowledge, run design reviews and provide feedback on a weekly basis. And now, we are looking to expand our CMF team with a designer.
Implement world-class CMF across Bang & Olufsen’s luxury products
As our new CMF designer, you will work closely with our CMF manager to implement colour, materials and textures across speakers, headphones and earphones. Working with inline products, special editions as well as fashion and interior collections, you will ensure that our products live up to our CMF strategy.
– Design and visualize versions of existing products by applying color, texture and materials
– Create CMF briefs and specifications based on CMF strategies, brand language and manager input
– Work closely with manufacturing teams to ensure they understand specifications and deliver quality execution
– Engage with external partners such as agencies, suppliers and artists, e.g. international musicians and athletes, for our fashion and – interior collections, ensuring compliance with our CMF strategy
– Play a major role in managing our overall color activities across inline products, collections and special editions
– You can expect approx. 20 travel days a year to review color samples at supplier factories in China.
– You have 3+ years of experience from a CMF position within fashion, lifestyle, design or consumer electronics
– You can tell a compelling CMF story
– You have knowledge of all phases of the CMF design process – from palette development through manufacturing and sample approvals
– You are fluent in spoken and written English
– You thrive in a fast-paced environment
– You master Photoshop and Keyshot, and experience with Grasshopper is a plus
– As a person, you have excellent collaboration skills, and you know how to reach results through teamwork. It comes naturally to you to coordinate your own tasks and drive many projects at a time.
For additional information about the position, please contact Head of Design Michael König on +45-42414261.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Visit our Job Board to view similar jobs or to post a Job Opening.