Flexible Notebook Has Sexy Features

I call myself a concept technology glutton because I can devour the most bizarre and hypothetical features, in the hope that someday we will make those advances and sexy, psycho gadgets will rule! My hope is kept alive with concepts like the Flexbook that sports key features like a flexible joint that allows you to fold and configure the laptop to become tablet or a notebook in a jiffy.

Specs include a waterproof keypad, swappable rubber skins, 21:9 – 180-degree swivel touch screen that make it an eBook, tablet and notebook in one go. I’m so happy!

Designer: Hao-Chun Huang

This Fujitsu concept is a part of the Fujitsu Design Award that was organized by Designboom.

• tony says:

So how can you accomplish the flexing screen? Plasma?

• tony says:

So how can you accomplish the flexing screen? Plasma?

• Wow…that doesn't even look real. You always find the coolest products, thanks for sharing!!!

• Alyssa says:

its really cool!!!

• Alyssa says:

its really cool!!!

• Aaron says:

….erm… its not real… its a concept?? special people…

• Aaron says:

….erm… its not real… its a concept?? special people…

• I get really tired of seeing 'concept products'. Until I can buy it or there is a release date on it, I don't give two shits. =/

• Jimmy C says:

Uh huh. And let me ask you Nathan, what would have happened if people during other times would have had the same idea? Would Leonardo da Vinci have created his concepts if others wouldn't have cared? I sure don't think so. And in any case, how few concepts on this site have been made into real items? Not much right? Take your bad language and dismissive words somewhere else.

• danolken says:

this is dope

• danolken says:

this is dope

• vincenthuang says:

Thanks for the post YD, appreciated~

• vincenthuang says:

Thanks for the post YD, appreciated~

• Bauski says:

flexible screens are in development right now so this doesn't seem too far off

what I like most is the presentation and the graphic design on this thing, nice job!

• Bauski says:

flexible screens are in development right now so this doesn't seem too far off

• ryu says:

It's a nice design.
    But nokia had unveiled basic concept of above concept in 2008.

• Grey says:

PilotFish & Nokia had similar ideas and concept…but this Huang is pulling it off completely.

• ryu says:

It's a nice design.
    But nokia had unveiled basic concept of above concept in 2008.

• Grey says:

• Grey says:

• aphrodite says:

Love it that there is someone besides Apple to create such stylish designs

• aphrodite says:

Love it that there is someone besides Apple to create such stylish designs

• G-weezy says:

the man ish is the folded screen, what tech works with flexible screens… got 2 go do some digging. if it is possible, that's all.

• G-weezy says:

• FLX says:

Brilliant design! I d like the keyboard to be more seamless but thats the only slight criticism I have… Very cool and unique!

• FLX says:

• Can't say I'm a Windows user, but I'd definitely buy this PC netbook/ notebook/tablet thingo… and add a Linux top layer 🙂 Looks great!

• Avisioncame says:

COOL! You invented a flexible lcd screen! Wait…no you didn’t, and no one else has. So why did you spend so much time on this concept?

• e. nigma says:

Most likely a concept that will have to wait till after OLED’s are out. You should check them out, VERY nice.

• milK says:

It’s not the flexible screen that is the problem in this design. The bit where the screen is attached to the rest of the device is way too small to remain stable or not break within a few weeks of use. Besides that, this ‘design’ doesn’t address any of the problems it may have (like how it will properly fold up while not being paper-thin). When technology caught up and we’re actualy able to build such a device this ‘design’ will be hopelessly outdated already. It’s nice to look at the future while designing stuff but it’s hardly realistic and quite frankly nothing a teenager couldn’t have thought off first.

The pictures are pretty though, now try and be a little more realistic.

• Curtis says:

AMOLED… the technology for a flexible screen already exists. I was wondering, if it were to be made, would that tiny little joint hold up for any amount of time under normal use?

I’ve seen the touchscreen laptops with the swiveling screen like that, but they have a bit more sturdy of a hinge. That looks like a toothpick holding the two halves together.

• jas says:

these concept products are just fluff.

they wont come to be. someone drew it so it can be on a website like this.

i too, do not give two shits for this stuff.

not until there is a working model. anything more than a photoshopped piece of art, please.

• Anon says:

The problems with the majority of concepts on this site is that they are clearly not thought trough from a technical point of view. “Oh, look, I came up with the idea for a laptop that folds in a more compact manner!” Other people have thought about how to compact technology as well (and may as well have thought about something like this), they just didn’t waste their time rendering nice pictures when they knew that this is currently (and in the foreseeable future) simply not possible yet due to technical limitations. And please don’t compare someone who renders a folding laptop to Leonardo DaVinci.

• Isaac says:

OLED’s, they have been around forever.

• ShdwFrg says:

…ahem… dope means good, in this context.

• This website really has all the information and facts I wanted about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

• Beats Dre says:

It’s going to be ending of mine day, however before finish I am reading this great
    piece of writing to improve my know-how.

• Aw, this was a very good post. Spending some time and actual effort to produce a very
    good article… but what can I say… I hesitate a whole lot and never manage to get nearly anything done.

• As we said, there are changes that your mate could also make.

So you can see the importance of checking to see if your
    plumber is licensed. Put the plunger as far into the toilet as
    you can and push it up and down repeatedly.

• Ear deformities, especially in children can become a target for the less caring children resulting in the child being ridiculed and teased.
    Redheads and folks with course hair will typically be higher shedders than blondes
    or those with fine hair. However, pulling on a scab that
    was adherent to the skin usually dislodged the graft – often several
    days after pulling on a hair was safe.