Microsoft Corporation needs no introduction. The American multinational technology company enables transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They aspire to be a brand that is authentic, inspiring, and relevant and believes that products are a reflection of the people that make them. From the classic Windows, the HoloLens, their Xbox Games which have taken over the gaming and entertainment industry, to their cloud computing platform Microsoft Azure, Microsoft seems to have hooked its claws into every sector of the tech industry. Apply now to help Microsoft revolutionize the tech space!
Nicolas Denhez and Chris Kujawski collaborated with The AbleGamers Charity, The Cerebral Palsy Foundation, and other organizations to design the Xbox Adaptive Controller, a unified hub for devices that helps make gaming more accessible, meeting the needs of gamers with limited mobility. Gamers with disabilities helped design the elegantly accessible packaging.
Are you passionate about building premium devices and experiences? The Advanced Prototyping Center focuses on creating devices that help people do more and get what they need to be done. They are currently building Microsoft’s premium devices such as Xbox, and category changing devices like Surface and HoloLens. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. The Advanced Prototyping team is looking for a highly-skilled, curious, and creative person to directly contribute to the realization of their future products.
As a Model Maker/Prototyper, you will work closely with Microsoft’s design, engineering, and prototyping teams to deliver models and prototypes that communicate their design intent. You will be part of the product development team that drives innovation and finds solutions to complex problems. Excellent interpersonal skills are critical to allow you to succeed in their highly collaborative environment. You must also be highly organized and flexible to manage multiple projects to meet business needs, as well as successfully communicate to stakeholders on the status of the projects. You will apply and develop best practices for transforming concepts and ideas into models and prototypes to communicate with Microsoft’s work partners. The ideal candidate will contribute to the Advanced Prototyping Center through a deep understanding of tools, materials and processes and the application of that knowledge to hardware innovation at Microsoft.
– Accredited 4-year Engineering or Industrial Design degree or related experience.
– 5+ years of experience in creating class A appearance models and/or engineering prototypes.
– 3+ years’ experience with CAD modeling.
– 3+ years of experience in CAM/CNC programming and machining capabilities.
– Computer skills required, including Windows, MS Office Suite.
– Expert abilities creating 3D CAD models and fixtures using CREO and/or Solid Works.
– 2+ years of experience in precision sheet metal fabrication.
– 2+ years of experience in managing prototype work/activities.
– Finishing skills including painting and decorating appearance models.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board