Amazon has redefined shopping and is now geared up to change the way we live at home. All the products being launched by Amazon hold testament to their plan of integrating themselves with the users daily life. Take for example their latest offering Amazon After, a service that helps you resale, recycle, rent out or even donate your previous Amazon purchases, rest assured that Amazon is about to become a bigger part of lives than we know it and you can help influence the way the world adapts by working with Amazon and creating an impact!
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services — now widely known as cloud computing. The ultimate benefit of cloud computing, and AWS, is the ability to leverage a new business model and turn capital infrastructure expenses into variable costs. Businesses no longer need to plan and procure servers and other IT resources weeks or months in advance. Using AWS, businesses can take advantage of Amazon’s expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. With data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, customers across all industries are taking advantage of our low cost, elastic, open and flexible, secure platform.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is seeking a talented and passionate Lead Product Designer to join our growing design and research studio. This full stack designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute and accelerate designs for the AWS Internet of Things product design team, working collaboratively with a strong design and product team. In addition, the lead product designer will be expected to be a design thought leader and mentor other designers, with the leadership of a small team of direct reports as part of the role immediately or in the short term.
Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
· Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
· Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
· Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
· Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
· Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations.
· Lead/mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
· Help build a culture of design within AWS and throughout the Amazon Design community.
Basic Qualifications Required
· 8+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
· 6+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), information systems, or other related design degree is required.
· Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
· An online portfolio demonstrating best practices in interaction design plus samples with a modern aesthetic is required to apply for this role. The portfolio should contain personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
Basic Qualifications Required
· 10+ years of experience in digital design, with the most recent years including full stack end-to-end product design for enterprise products, ideally for niche userbases.
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
· Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers.
· Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
· Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
· Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
· Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or similar design related degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board