GE Appliances (a subsidiary of Haier) is one of the largest appliance brands in the United States, spanning the entire kitchen and home appliance industry. From refrigerators to freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems, and water heaters, GE Appliances has electrified and modernized life for more than 125 years, relentlessly pursuing innovation, and in doing so, continues to build on its rich legacy of being one of America’s strongest and finest home-appliance makers.
GE Appliance’s Industrial Design Organization is a collaboration of Industrial and Interaction Designers, Consumer Insights Researchers, R&D Engineers, User Experience Research Specialists, and Model Makers. Interns are given the freedom and responsibility to contribute to the design team and experience every phase of the product development cycle through production launch.
A good part of our energetic creativity comes from being located in Louisville, KY. Known for horse racing and bourbon, Louisville is home to a vibrant music scene, unique shops and top-rated restaurants. From local makerspaces like our own GE Appliances FirstBuild, to monthly Creative Mornings and Gallery Hops, we’re sure you don’t know Louisville like you think you do.
ABOUT THE POSITION
GE Appliances is hiring multiple Industrial Design Interns at Appliances Headquarters in Louisville KY.
• 12 Month Duration
• Paid Internship ($14-$21/Hour + the option to choose between full-furnished housing or $675/month taxable housing stipend)
• Relocation expenses reimbursed
• Beginning in late May/early June (flexible start date)
• CANNOT graduate before or during the internship period.
• Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited School/University in the US.
• Undergraduate or graduate students with a 3.2 GPA or higher
• Outstanding verbal and visual communication skills
• Excellent sketching capabilities
• Strong 2D-3D computer knowledge
• Solidworks preferred but not necessary
HOW TO APPLY
If interested please e-mail your resume and portfolio PDF (6MB max) to:
IDOIntern.Recruitment@geappliances.com with the subject line “Industrial Design Internship (via Yanko Design)” by February 17th, 2019 or visit www.geappliances.com/design-interns
GE Appliances will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Louisville (Kentucky), USA.