To match Electrolux’s spiffy new look (dat logo tho!), Electrolux Design Lab is getting a makeover of its own! The 13th year of the challenge features a new theme, new focus areas, new judges, new experts to guide the finalists, and… DOUBLE PRIZE MONEY! Mmmhmm. So get amped about this year’s theme, Happy Healthy Kids… because… after all, you were a tike once too! REGISTER HERE and get your submission in by the April 8th deadline. Then hit the jump to check out our very own brainstorming tips!
Stumped on where to start? That’s normal. If we learned anything from interviewing last years finalists, it’s that inspiration can come from anywhere and everywhere, sometimes when you least expect it. Here are a few of our pointers to get your wheels turning!
- Read the 2015 brief… over… and over… and over.
- Don’t procrastinate. Register now so you can focus on your submission.
- Check out the 2014 finalists and see what set the winners apart from the rest.
- Watch last year’s live presentations. Listen to the judges’ questions!
- Get in the field: Go where kids go! Hang out with a little brother, niece, or friend’s kiddo! Ask their parents questions!
- Fall in love with Electrolux: Familiarize yourself with the brand’s aesthetic, history, products, and design principles.
- Play: Pick up some kid-centric products and channel your inner youngster.
- Imagine yourself as the user. After all, YOUR design is a reflection of YOU!
- Relax: Take a warm bath. Walk in the park. Let your brain reset.
- Don’t relax: Go on a hike! Hit the gym! Endorphins get your mind moving.
- Think BIG. Don’t play it safe.
- Read the brief. AGAIN!