Fire By Design

Our typical fire extinguishers are bare minimum in design. They serve only one purpose: fire dousing. There is a little more that can be added, particularly in the form of protection. The Shield Extinguisher attempts to do this by bridging the gap between fire fighting and protecting one from flames, smoke and possible blasts. Take a look how…

Designers: June Young Kim & Ji Min Lee

• James Martindale says:

I don’t see how this would offer any more protection from a fire than a standard extinguisher.

• Al says:

Hi!

Like the concept!

Allow me to voice some suggestion:

The design of the ‘Fire Extinguisher’ should be placed internally. Because the best way to grab your design of the extinguisher from the wall is when the handle in facing away from the wall. The wordings to tell people that this is a fire extinguisher should face the users, not the fire.

There should be a kind of transparent window with a possible crosshair for ppl to aim at the fire. If not you will be wasting the content of the extinguisher.

Think of manufacturing point. How are you going to refill the content of the extinguisher in regular checks? Should the canister be a separate part? I see the whole thing is fully welded.

I think the outlook looks great! And i think this is a feasible product. So maybe you should look deeper into the details to achieve form follow function.

Cheers! Happy Designing!

AL

• lion says:

So mush expensive to produce
    if the protection is not transparent it makes a real problem
    just protect your arm take more place
    your position will change but your leg will burn in the two situations

• Jimmy C says:

Beautiful design! It’d be interesting to see if you can incorporate a hose input for firefighters.

• Vimal says:

fire extinguishers

hi there,

product inquiry

is your product in the market already.

can be a dealer in malaysia for ur product.

pls let me know

vimal

• MJK says:

That’s interesting….fire shield

• al says:

You should put a window in the top so they can see what their doing and protect their face

• My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web
    page and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.

• khurrum says:

hi
    i am intrested to y products pls send place adresses and whatsup no
    thanks