A Motorcycle and Sidecar? I’m Sold!

The NEOS is an enclosed motorbike and modular sidecar system for the 21st century. It delivers enhanced safety features far beyond your conventional bike but still encapsulates the pure thrill you get from traditional ones. Ideal for a work commute or a weekend trip up twisty roads, the NEOS remains flexible as the sidecar pod can easily be removed. Using the latest 3-phase AC induction motor and lithium battery tech, the NEOS provides power while being economical and green. Hit the jump for the full list of specs. Catch me if you can.

EXTERNAL FEATURES INCLUDE:

• – LED AND XENON LIGHTS
  • – VEHICLE DETECTION SENSES
  • – REVERSE AND SIDE MIRROR CAMERAS
  • – FRONT AND REAR INDICATORS
  • – LED LOCK AND UN-LOCK INDICATOR
  • – ROTATING POLYCARBONATE DRIVER CANOPY THAT CAN ALSO BE DETACHED
  • – ELECTRIC POWER INPUT FOR RECHARGING
  • – WHEEL GUARDS
  • – UNIT SHELL COMPRISES OF HIGH IMPACT ABS PLASTIC AND CARBON FIBRE
  • – BREMBO RADIAL MOUNTED FORGED 4 PISTON CALLIPERS
  • – POWERED BY LIQUID COOLED 3 PHASE AC INDUCTION MOTOR WITH A RANGE OF 260KM FULLY CHARGED AND WITH A RECHARGE TIME OF UNDER 2 HOURS @ 240V
  • – LIGHT WEIGHT ALUMINIUM OR MAGNESIUM FRONT AND REAR WHEELS (6” X 19”) & (9” X 21”) RESPECTIVELY

INTERNAL FEATURES INCLUDE:

• – A LARGE AND SMALL STORAGE COMPARTMENT
  • – LEATHER PADS FOR KNEE AND ELBOW COMFORT
  • – 2 X COLOUR HEADS UP DISPLAY DIALS

POWER, RANGE(KMS)

• – COLOUR TOUCH SCREEN DISPLAY WITH AUTOMATIC MOBILE PHONE SYNC
  • – RADIO AND MP3 CAPABILITIES
  • – GPS FEATURE
  • – SIDE MIRROR AND REVERSE CAMERA VIEWING
  • – INTERNAL SPEAKERS AND MICROPHONE FOR HANDS FREE MOBILE ACCESS ALONG WITH INTERACTION WITH SIDECAR USER
  • – WINDSCREEN VEHICLE PROJECTION FOR LANE CHANGE WARNINGS
  • – PUSH START BUTTON SYNCED WITH ‘NEOS’ KEY
  • – JOYSTICK CONTROLS

SIDECAR AND STORAGE COMPONENT FEATURES
EXTERNAL FEATURES INCLUDE:

• – EXTRA SURROUNDING VEHICLE SENSES
  • – REAR INDICATORS AND REAR BRAKE LIGHT
  • – FRONT LED LIGHT
  • – ROTATING AND DETACHABLE POLYCARBONATE CANOPY
  • – EXTRA LARGE STORAGE COMPARTMENT FOR UP TO 80LTRS.
  • – OPENING DOOR/CANOPY

• – TRACTION CONTROL
  • – REVERSING AND SIDE MIRROR CAMERAS
  • – SURROUNDING VEHICLE SENSES
  • – LEATHER PADDING FOR KNEES AND ELBOW

Designer: Daniel Munnink

• Igor Chak says:

that looks super comfortable)))

• Igor Chak says:

that looks super comfortable)))

• Andy says:

awesome motorcycle, though someone in the room here did comment that, with the sidecar, it looks life a twisted baby-buggy

• Andy says:

• nice design but how large a person is there room for in the side car?

@ andy: LOL

• nice design but how large a person is there room for in the side car?

@ andy: LOL

• mukava says:

I have to say it looks ugly.

• mukava says:

I have to say it looks ugly.

• fxgeorges says:

We forever educated our student to do a rapid shoulder check as soon as they were stopped, just to make sure there was no one bearing down from behind them.

• fxgeorges says:

• Stefan says:

Awsome, look comfortable….Im a big fan

• Stefan says:

Awsome, look comfortable….Im a big fan

• uknowit says:

amazing… very advanced

• uknowit says:

amazing… very advanced

• vogelcube says:

I'm a huge fan of modular designs, but this looks very awkward. The triangle design in the back simply doesn't look very stable for holding weight. And in viewing this, it looks like it would be comforable to ride, but not comfortable to get in or out of. In fact, I'm not sure if there's a door or the driver is supposed to climb out the top. The Passenger sidecar is interesting, but if there was an accident on that side of the vehicle, the sliding door would trap the passenger into that baby-coffin-sized sidecar.

This design does a couple things right, though. The conversion of bike to trike when a passenger is added is genius. This is probably the best "motorcycle with airbags" I've seen. I'm not a huge fan of the required docking station to swap out the sidecar, but this is the best I've seen… if they added some form of smart parking sensors in there, I'd be more inclined to believe it.

• vogelcube says:

This design does a couple things right, though. The conversion of bike to trike when a passenger is added is genius. This is probably the best “motorcycle with airbags” I've seen. I'm not a huge fan of the required docking station to swap out the sidecar, but this is the best I've seen… if they added some form of smart parking sensors in there, I'd be more inclined to believe it.

• Anie Bates says:

Awesome bikes ! …. bike design is also very latest and different…. I can say very advance & attractive.

• Anie Bates says:

• sean says:

Your not god.
    But this …thing is so hotttttt.;)

• Gary says:

So is this in production somewhere yet? Can I test drive one? How much and how might I purchase one?