Woofer, Speaker, Tweeter All Live Together

First glance and they look like really tall vases in your living room, but nope they are the Altec Lansing OMNI; a pair of omni-directional speakers. A heavy construction ensures lesser vibrations and superior sound quality. Each structure houses a woofer, a mid-range speaker and the tweeter on the top. The three of them don’t get into a fight coz they are shielded from each other via a ceramic plate. Since a cone sits on the top of each speaker, it distributes the sound equally in all directions. A big Omni party in there!

Designer: Nuno Teixeira

al_omni

al_omni2

al_omni3

• AlienzExist says:

They look like WMD’s and probably sound Massive too 😉

• Forrest says:

looks like they’re trying to imitate the sound produced by the Bang and Olufsen acoustic lens technology!
    And it looks like a cheaper version of their beolab 5

• yoyoMan says:

YES! Neighbors upstairs, neighbors down stairs won’t be sleeping anytime soon.

• arun says:

I love this blog because that is presenting great and advance technologically post on blog

• M.S.W. says:

Interesting design. Kind of looks like a wooden train whistle standing up right.

• Biggg says:

Not too bad from a styling point of view, but i have some reservations regarding the placement of the speakers, looks like the tweeters are on top? I think that would be too far up. Still kind of like it. Time to put big SPEAKERS back into our living rooms.

• Markus says:

That concept is a nice COPY of the design and (patented) technics used in the “Bella Luna Diamante” by the German speaker manufacturer Duvel: http://www.duevel.com/Produkte/EBLdia.shtml

• Grey says:

I would rather buy these than that silly wooden boxes you talking about Markus. “Concept”
      Forrest – BeoLab 5 is cute lol would be awesome small patio heaters. They have nice work tho 🙂

These are nice tho :)can see them used in a new sci-fi movie. although the bottom foot looks abit dodge compaired to the rest of the Lansing OMNI.

– Thanx Nuno – Nice Work

• Steve says:

I think these look absolutely brilliant, they are modern and they are different. As long as they sound as good as they look im a fan!

• Steve says:

• Kayani says:

I think that these speakers would look great in the right place, they are quite contemporary and I think that in a modern apartment or studio they would look fabulous. A great addition to a funky home.

• Kayani says:

• Ron says:

Where can I buy a set of these and how much are they ?..

• Ron says:

Where can I buy these and how much