Matternet is the developer of the world’s leading technology platform for on-demand aerial delivery in urban environments. The company provides its technology platform as a service to healthcare, e-commerce and logistics organizations. In March 2017, Matternet became the first company in the world to be authorized for full operations of drone logistics networks over densely populated areas in Switzerland. Since then, Matternet has executed over 3,000 flights in Zurich, Bern, and Lugano. In May 2018, Matternet was selected to carry out drone logistics operations for US hospitals under the FAA’s drone integration program. In March 2019, Matternet and UPS announced a partnership to provide drone delivery services to US healthcare systems, starting from WakeMed Health in NC. Matternet is based in Mountain View, CA and has 50 employees. Matternet’s investors include Boeing, Daimler, Swiss Post, and Sony.
The M2 Drone by Matternet was authorized by the Swiss aviation authority to carry out logistics operations all over the city. It can carry and support loads of up to 2 kilograms and 4 liters for 20 kilometers.
Matternet is looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to help craft Matternet’s product vision of autonomous robotic systems. In this position, you will report directly to Matternet’s Head of Design and will make product decisions that span the whole design spectrum, from product vision to the smallest details of their product. As a designer on the design team, you will be expected to recognize as many of the constraints as possible, and have the passion to work within these constraints. You are a highly strategic, detail-oriented and multi-skilled designer. You need to be creative, diligent, humble, excel in uncertainty and live to collaborate in a high-paced environment that values excellence. You will create design quality in all air, ground and digital assets, and be a part of a team that does not follow orthodox boundaries between the design professions and rather puts product design as the guideline.
• 7+ years of experience in a product design role.
• A strong portfolio of creative product design illustrating a deep appreciation for aesthetics and creativity.
• Ability and desire to solve complex product design problems and the strategic skills to deliver best-in-class solutions.
• Ability to articulate & communicate design rationale.
• Translate research insights into atoms and pixels.
• Fluent in prototyping and manufacturing methods.
• A determination to challenge design and engineering orthodoxy.
• A passion for simplicity.
• The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams – people who will challenge you and help you grow.
• The diverse culture. Matternet welcomes all cultures, genders, orientations, beliefs, and people. Matternet depends on the unique backgrounds of its team members to help solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. The company is committed to increasing diversity across the team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
• The perks. Matternet is invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company through equity. The benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401(k) program, flexible time off and catered lunch.
• The values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. The company is prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make its mission successful. Most people would give up. Matternet won’t.
How to Apply
Applications without portfolios will not be considered. Please provide a URL or attach it to the application.
Mountain View, CA.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board