GE Appliances answer real-life needs, define trends, simplify routines, and upgrade the look and feel of the living space. Through ingenuity and innovation, next-generation features are solving real-life needs. With a forward-thinking tradition that spans over 100 years, today’s GE Appliances sync perfectly with the modern lifestyle. A good part of their energetic creativity comes from being located in Louisville, KY. Known for horse racing and bourbon, Louisville is home to a vibrant music scene, unique shops, and top-rated restaurants. From local makerspaces like GE Appliances FirstBuild to monthly Creative Mornings and Gallery Hops, they’re sure you don’t know Louisville like you think you do. Apply now to be a part of this innovative and vibrant workspace!
GE Appliances introduced the Kitchen Hub, the first-of-its-kind WiFi connect 27-inch integrated smart-touch screen and ventilation combo that fits easily above your range, at the center of your home.
GE Appliances ‘ Industrial Design Organization is a collaboration between Industrial and Interaction Designers, Consumer Insights Researchers, R&D Engineers, User Experience Research Specialists, and Model Makers. Interns are given the freedom and responsibility to contribute to the design team and experience every phase of the product development cycle to the production launch. GE Appliances is hiring multiple Industrial Design Interns at their Appliances Headquarters in Louisville KY.
• 12 Month Duration
• Paid Internship (Competitive salary + the option to choose between full-furnished housing or monthly housing stipend)
• Relocation expenses reimbursed
• Beginning in late May/early June (flexible start date)
• CANNOT graduate before or during the internship period. (Sorry NO recent graduates)
• Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited School/University in the United States.
• Undergraduate or graduate students with a 3.2 GPA or higher
• Outstanding verbal and visual communication skills
• Excellent sketching capabilities
• Strong 2D-3D computer knowledge
• Solidworks preferred but not necessary
How to Apply
GE Appliances will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. If interested please e-mail your resume and portfolio PDF (6MB max), or website link to IDOIntern.Recruitment@geappliances.com with the subject line “Industrial Design Internship” by January 31, 2020, or visit www.geappliances.com/design-interns.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board