Fridge That Knows It All

Smart Fridgerator is the mother of all smart fridges! It keeps the goodies ultra cool and conserves energy, but don’t they all? So what is the deal behind this concept; for starters, it has eyes! Yes two strategically placed pin cameras that keep a track of what is stored in each compartment, so that when you want an apple, you know exactly which door to open. Why all the fuss; to keep doors shut and conserve as much energy as possible. Also to make you look cool with a Jetson-esque appliance which features a touch panel, recipe options and smartphone connectivity.

Designers: Jeong-hun Yang & Gyeong-chan Han

• Des says:

Nice idea on the compartments, but I wonder how the energy consumption from the touch screen panel and cameras would compare with heat loss from simple thick glass doors?

• Jimmy C says:

hmm… I don’t see how this can use only two cameras. It would need a whhole lot more. But it is a brilliant idea! My mom is always going on about leaving open the fridge door too long.

• Raoni says:

I think the RFID solution is stil better

• Florian says:

Nice fridge. I would still like to see a fridge though that has a mist control so that the vege’s stay fresh longer.

• steph says:

ummm…. most fridge/freezers already have come up with a solution… check out Miele or Liebherr fridges. 😉

• steph says:

they already exist… Miele Mastercool, Liebherr, Gaggenau and GE fridges are all humidity controlled where it allows for up to 75% of humidity into the air that is circulated into the cavity. It has been through a lot of r&d and makes fresh food last up to 3 times longer. The thing is…. The Miele mastercool is worth $25,000.00 and is fully integrated with the ability to select the exact temperature via thermisters for each compartment. It’s probaby the only fully integrated ice and water fridge/freezer on the market. Check out the website. This “mist control” has been on the market for over a decade. 🙂

• jn says:

It’s nice, but do we really need to become even more spoiled?

• Florian says:

I’d rather be spoilt than have spoiled food 😀
    25k for a fridge? Holy crap I may as well stick to my 2.50 manual hand mist sprayer…but good to know there are a few around.

• Elphi says:

…I keep my fridge organized. But interesting concept for sure! Maybe it would be better applied elsewhere…

• Stephen says:

hey:
    I visit this website regularly but i’ve only just come across this. i too see myself as a product designer/inventor, and i also redesigned a fridge that looked much like yours.

i really like your idea, despite what some people are saying. i believe that i have ideas i can take from mine to help solve some of yours. i believe that with designing abilities like that of yours, you can go far.

Stephen

• Harpreet says:

Hi , it’s ideally smart fridge only question do this one have single compressor or double. Is this compressor have soft start or inverter