Tactile is a high-touch design studio where the creative, technical, and strategic come together. They design meaningful physical and digital experiences for everyday moments and the one of a kind. They are made up of industrial designers, interaction designers, graphic designers, and engineers who create sought-after products and experiences through research and strategy. They’re the winners of the 2019 IDEA Gold Award, as well as the 2018 Red Dot Award! Tactile Inc. is an intimate and open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. If you’re passionate, hard-working and don’t take yourself too seriously, apply now!
In collaboration with Tektronix, Tactile led a five-year research-based interaction and user experience design effort along with defining a new visual brand language (VBL) to create their newest products: the 5 Series MSO oscilloscope, which went on to win the 2018 Red Dot Award.
They’re looking for a senior-level Industrial Designer to join us in our new Boston office. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception with design at its core. They work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow their designers to gain new experiences, learn and advance their craft.
– Both independent and team-oriented to design and develop products and experiences for a wide variety of subjects.
– Able to lead projects internally and manage program relations with the client
– Able to illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations/meetings, adapting style and detail level to client and project needs.
– Well versed in design methodologies and display excellence at all stages of the design process, including early concept development, sketching, building prototypes, CAD modeling, rendering and creating high-fidelity polished presentations.
– Motivated to conduct your own informal user research, market research, and usability testing to get to the heart of the problem.
– Grounded in your understanding of materials and processes and excited to push the envelope.- Great at handling multiple workstreams with design direction.
– 7-10 years of relevant experience working in product design
– BA/BS in Industrial Design or related training
– High level of proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools; CAD, Adobe, Keyshot, etc.
– Portfolio of relevant work examples
– Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
– Impeccable attention to detail
– Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion
– Enthusiasm to adapt to diverse projects and clients, from med-tech to industrial to consumer electronics
How to Apply
Learn more about them at www.tactileinc.com. Please send them a note, your credentials and a link to your work at firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be located in the Boston area to be considered.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board