Coined Kikkerland, as an endearment to the fact that it always rains in Holland, Dutch designer Jan van der Lande launched the company as a one-man operation in NYC in 1992. The 27-year-old company is a hub for rampant creativity, where even the most utilitarian gadgets become a delightful discovery. Since it’s conception, the folks at Kikkerland Design have traveled the world in search of original designs for things that can make life more enjoyable, be it clever things to intrigue you, smart things that make everyday tasks easier, and gentle things that make you feel happier when you use them! It’s no wonder that Kikkerland Design continues to offer the world’s largest collection of ingenious items combining form, function, and delight in equal parts. You can find them in thousands of stores around the world, including museum and specialty shops. Or you can just stay at home. Because if it’s inventive, witty, and smartly designed, Kikkerland Design will bring it to you. Just for the fun of it.
Kikkerland’s Hammer Multi-Tool takes your regular claw harmer and put’s nine additional tools into it including; a flat head screwdriver, bottle opener, reamer, saw blade, file, knife blade, Phillips head screwdriver, and a handle that on pulling open, turns the hammer into a plier/wire-cutter!
Kikkerland is the world’s leading gift brand. With renowned designer collaborations and a strong in-house design team, Kikkerland creates a wide range of products that make life more enjoyable. They’re looking for a talented product designer to join their team.
– Develop a range of innovative products in a wide range of materials including wood, plastic, metal, and fabric.
– Develop accurate 2D and 3D product specifications and drawings, accounting for cost, ergonomics, safety, and manufacturing limitations.
– Build prototypes when necessary.
– Review and provide comments on manufacturing drawings and overseas-made prototypes.
– Communicate extensively throughout the design process with Graphics designers, Product Development and Quality control, Marketing/Sales teams.
– BFA in Industrial or Product Design.
– 3+ years of consumer/Gift product design experience.
– Knowledge of a wide variety of materials and manufacturing processes, especially plastics.
– Creative problem solving and analytical skills.
– Strong understanding of the Kikkerland brand and our playful aesthetic.
– Expert knowledge of Solidworks/Rhino and ability to render organic forms.
– Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator.
– Must be the team player and the ability to interact professionally in a business setting.
New York, NY
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board