Microsoft Corporation needs no introduction. The American multinational technology company enables transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. With their headquarters in Redmond, Washington and currently under the leadership of Satya Nadella, Microsoft has made it their mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They aspire to be a brand that is authentic, inspiring, and relevant and believes that products are a reflection of the people that make them. From the software Windows, which is now a classic, the ultimate mixed reality communication app the HoloLens, their Xbox Games which have taken over the gaming and entertainment industry, to their cloud computing platform Microsoft Azure, Microsoft seems to have hooked its claws into every sector of the tech industry. Apply now to help Microsoft revolutionize the tech space!
The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 was recently launched at the Microsoft Keynote at E3 2019. Designed to meet the needs of today’s competitive gamers, it includes over 30 new ways to play like a pro and comes with new adjustable-tension thumbsticks and hair triggers, so you can enhance your aim and fire faster than ever.
Microsoft’s Packaging and Content Design Team (PAC) is looking for a dynamic and passionate designer with 5 – 10 years of professional experience in packaging, graphic and user-centric design. The PAC Design Team delivers the packaging vision and strategy for our Modern Work, Life and Intelligent Edge devices including global product lines such as Surface, Xbox, Hololens, Microsoft Personal Computing accessories as well as Windows and Office software. Their ideal candidate will have an industrial design background, including structural packaging and graphic design knowledge and skills.
Great design doesn’t happen by accident. It takes a dedicated, highly skilled team that’s deeply committed to creative excellence and involved from initial concept to production. As a member of the PAC Design Team, you’ll be supporting the ideation, generation, development, and execution of packaging design solutions for Microsoft products. PAC Design is a key player in Microsoft’s product making process and an integral function to our broader Devices organization.
Our goal is to ensure full and seamless integration of brand, package potential, HW/SW intent, user experience and business strategy to create exceptional packaging across all portfolio channels. This position will report directly into the Creative Director and be an integral role as we continue to build our creative footprint with hands-on, energetic professionals willing to build, learn and grow.
The key to success will be a fundamental understanding of structural packaging design, consumer UX, brand strategy, retail, and storytelling. Global trend awareness will also be a driving factor in our future-facing work, so a love of seeking, synthesizing and creatively shaping new experience strategies as they relate to packaging, material innovation, the consumer journey, printed / digital content and retail will also be key.
This position is will require a hands-on, collaborative person who can effectively prioritize in a fast-moving environment and ideate, create and communicate design intent clearly and persuasively to a diverse group of stakeholders. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully present and discuss our solutions with partners and senior leadership is important.
Candidates will also be creating robust presentations for both internal and external use, including rich visual presentations, narrative scripts, video and team materials, which are crucial components in shaping our packaging and team narratives.
To have a direct impact on Microsoft’s consumer brands, including Surface, Xbox, and other product lines, as well as help define what the Next Generation of consumer packaging can be is an exceptional opportunity to push the creative boundaries of the packaging and graphic design craft.
• 5 – 10 years of professional experience in an agency/corporation conceptualizing, designing and delivering exciting, forward-facing world-class structural packaging, graphic design, and brand experiences
• Customer-focused design process background with proven ability to deliver designs assets / that align with the current brand vision and can push our packaging business in new, innovative directions
• Experience in basic graphic design principals (typography, composition, scale, color theory, etc.) and knowledge of how those principles work together
• Have strong strategic and systems thinking, including a proven track record of conceptualizing, implementing and building guideline sets.
• Expert with one or more 3D tools (SolidWorks, Rhino, etc.), advanced surfacing capabilities and high-volume molding techniques
• Highly proficient in PowerPoint as well as Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
• Deep interest and awareness of global design, packaging, industry, retail, consumer trends and the ability to leverage such insights into current and future thinking
• Strong visual and communication skills through sketching, illustration, storytelling, etc.
• A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in successful packaging, graphics, Vis-ID systems, and consumer UX thinking
• Experience with 2D die line development a distinct advantage
• Strong organizational skills in managing multiple projects at once. Highly motivated and self-driven individual
• Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and the ability to implement them to create brand assets
• Willingness to learn, motivate and inspire others as a Design Leader
How to Apply
International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board