The final frontier of road-travel is the self-driving car… that’s until we have self-driving flying cars, which won’t be a stretch once we’ve figured out how to get AI to drive us around from A to B! Using Google’s incredibly vast repository of data and machine-learning capabilities, Waymo made its debut as a Google pet project, before becoming an independent company in 2016. Within the next year, Waymo had already debuted self-driving taxis in Phoenix Arizona. Waymo is looking to hire an Industrial Designer to help develop hardware for their revolutionary tech at the Waymo headquarters in Mountain View, California.
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
• Plan, recommend, and complete design processes leading to innovative solutions
• Concept creation for product, vehicle, and hardware
• Work with the cross-disciplinary team to meet the requirement of design and product goals
• Define all design details based on design directions and execution plan
• Create prototypes to evaluate design concepts and user testing
• Work with internal/external partners to develop/manufacture products
• Degree in Industrial Design or similar field
• Minimum 10 years of product and/or transportation design experience covering ideation, product development, and manufacturing technical knowledge
• Strong visual/verbal communication and team working skills. Hands on 2D/3D design skills; sketch, drawing, CAD, digital/physical prototyping
• Strong technical background and understanding of the design process to look for ways to streamline and enhance the user experience
• Participate in transitioning the design to manufacturing
• Proven history of successful design and product development from concepts to production
It’s preferred if you have:
• Interior design background with production experience
• Product design experience across a breadth of product lines
Mountain View (California), USA.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board
Or recruit your ideal candidate by posting a job here!