With its iconic three stripe logo that’s internationally recognized, Adidas is the world’s second largest sportswear company in the world, and the largest in Europe. Founded by Adolf “Adi” Dassler in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the company took off when Dassler persuaded U.S. sprinter Jesse Owens to use his hand made spikes at the 1936 Summer Olympics, who went on to win four gold medals. Today Adidas is a force to reckon with not just in the sportswear industry, but also the fashion and culture industry, having collaborated with big names including Kanye West to launch the Yeezy collection in 2016. Adidas is looking for an Assistant Designer (Color and Materials) to join team in Portland, Oregon.
Assist the Design team to design/market right products for the Adidas brand as part of an international design team in cooperation with marketing and development.
• Team members
• Execute the creative vision in a product range for the category.
• Develop creative solutions to individual products.
• Work with the creative process and execute towards given targets and defined design languages and strategies.
• Execute design work according to the visual language of adidas as well as given Corporate Identity guidelines according to legal guidance.
• Verbally present product ideas and details with clarity in small groups and team meetings
• Support an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development for all issues regarding the ranges and products
• Support product management and development in all issues regarding the realization of products and collections.
• Visualize ideas for products and ranges with clarity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
• Good communication and presentation skills
• High level of creativity
• Passion for design
• Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Diploma or BA or MA from a college or university, major Design
• Preferably a practical experience in a design environment
Portland (Oregon), USA.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY