fuseproject, a studio started by Yves Behar, is looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to join their team in San Francisco, CA. fuseproject has been responsible for the designs behind many winning brands like Jawbone, Sodastream, Tile, WD, Paypal, August Systems, and many more. With their signature approach to design intervention, fuseproject has been one of the most influential design studios the world has ever seen, providing award-winning services that span across innovation, strategy, industrial design, brand design, and even digital design!
fuseproject is currently seeking a Senior Industrial Designer that has an outstanding product portfolio and experience building and guiding a team of designers.
– Defining and leading the activities required to generate a clear, compelling, and actionable design point of view for the project team.
– Primary content creator responsible for all Design deliverables on the project.
– Collaborating with account mangers and design leads to define and refine scope, brief, and approach to the project.
– Interacting independently with the client to further fuseproject’s design point of view and to support the continuity of design vision throughout the production process.
– Mentoring Level I & II Industrial Designers and Interns.
– Working with HR to identify and recruit talent for the team.
– Ongoing and day-to-day involvement with the client’s engineering, science/R&D, operations, and manufacturing teams.
– Collaborating closely with the product portfolio director leading the European fuse team, supporting the strategic design direction of the portfolio in-line with fuse SF creative leadership.
– Ability to communicate effectively with design teams on a daily base.
– 5-8 years of relevant experience in marketing, product design/development, brand management, strategic product planning, strategy consulting, or equivalent
– Live, breathe, love design
– Experience with major national or international brands a must
– Consulting agency experience a must
– Deep knowledge of materials, plastic and metal production processes
– Deep understanding of quality control and other techniques for manufacturing
– Willingness to take direction and learn from others
– Passionate thinker about consumer behavior
– Multilingual skills are welcome
– Sensitivity to international consumers and markets
– Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Product Design
This role will be dedicated to one specific client for at least an 18 month period.
San Francisco, USA.