Zip It Up

The +zip Series includes the +zip_shoe and +zip_cap, two very interesting designs that solve real problems. Let’s talk about the +zip_shoe first. This clever sneaker design has a zipped space in the sole, which integrates a shoe bag. The design makes packing shoes in your suitcase much easier and of course adds a spring to your step!

The +zip_cap has a zipper in the central crown area, that allows you to wear your ponytail with your cap at any height. A high bun, low at the nape or just a casual pony, any hair style will do.

Designer: Yujin Kim

• Vraja says:

+zip cap, Hairs will get in to the zipper, it gonna hurt while using.

• Yujin Kim says:

I also thought about the aspect that you mentioned while I was designing zip cap. However I finally decided that zipper’s function of easy to handle the height quickly overweigh the drawback. Anyway, it is true that I should develop zipper structure to protect hairs getting in to zipper. Thank you for the comment!

• joos says:

very asian design. Probably will be used by only Asians.

• Kein says:

I loved the girl

• zippers says:

I’m loving the zipper in the sneaker, can you actually store anything in there or is it just aesthetics?

• Yujin Kim says:

ok john. Thanks for the comment anyway. It’s “concept” design. I’m suggesting ways to solve the probelms in your real life. Depending on the people, it could be a problem.( Maybe it could be very small part of probelm for some people, but what the DESIGN is for? I guess making our life better than right now. Although this design is not a perfect desgin but some people could get an idea from these stuffs and make them better than those used to be. DESIGN, I think its on-going process by feedbacking eachother.)

• Yujin Kim says:

Indeed the script on the top is not written by me. I’ve never mentioned spring effect when I was submitting the script. They didn’t put my script.. don’t know why. The purpose of the sneaker design with built-in shoe pouch was for get rid of irritating sounds for plastic bag.(cuz we usually pack our shoes in plastice bag)

Also for cap design, it’s height adjustable cap for women. When women are putting their cap, they should adjust their ponytails to cap hole. I got inspired with this scene and tried to think opposite. What if cap is adjustable to the hair? Through this thinking the design was developed.

• Yujin says:

The purpose of the sneaker design with built-in shoe pouch was for get rid of irritating sounds for plastic bag.(because we usually pack our shoes in plastic bag)

• Yujin Kim says:

The purpose of the shoe design with built-in shoe pouch was for get rid of irritating sounds for plastic bag.(cuz we usually pack our shoes in plastice bag)

• Yujin Kim says:

Indeed, the springing effect, I’ve didn’t ever mentioned while submitting this design.

• Yujin Kim says:

The explanation was not written by me but someonelse. Don’t konw why they didn’t accept my script.

• Yujin Kim says:

To reduce irritating plastic bag sounds, i suggest built-in shoe pouch.

• Yujin Kim says:

Cause we usually pack our shoes in plastic bag