Stackable Bottle

You don’t need complex words to best describe an idea; sometimes a simple image can do the trick. What we have here is the 5 Gallons Mineral Water Stackable Bottle. A simple indent at the base of the bottle provides a nestling space for the neck of the bottle below. Stack them up and save space. I love the impromptu flower-vase-by-the-water cooler idea!

Designer: Yujin Kim

stackable_bottle

stackable_bottle2

5 Gallons Mineral Water Stackable Bottle by Yujin Kim

• Amie says:

Simple and Useful! Love it!

• John says:

Eh… Don’t know where you are lining, but here these stackable bottles are already a standard…
    So… Good idea, but not so original…

• brack says:

I think its a simple idea…whoever came up with it.

• sheldon says:

this has been around for a goodly 10 years or so… whats so new about it?

• jt says:

just put the second row bottles upside down

• Ja says:

Good idea but only practical in office. Body of the PET carboy is too thin to be moved around and stacked up like your way, 3 to 4 layers are impossible. The non-breakable crate is designed with different material to protect the carboy.

• Amie says:

I’m more than agree with Ja! “carboy is too thin to be moved around and stacked up like your way, 3 to 4 layers are impossible” especially for us (Asian)!!

• Alexi says:

We don’t have these bottles as standard. But would the bottom bottle be able to handle the weight of the other 2 or 3 bottles stacked on top of it?

• Haytham says:

this one is intelligent

• Jw Park says:

Simple and clever! I love it.

• Catia says:

I see these everyday in my office, here in Portugal… It isn’t such a big innovation…

• Adam says:

Been around for a while.

• sachin says:

i want to place an order for 1000 bottles of 5 gallons capacity… how can I get contact details

• Vinu says:

"Duh…" like all packaging designers in the world never thought of this!
    they would have done it 'if they could do it'. Structural and manufacturing constraints don't allow this to be possible.
    …superficial understanding of scenario. Sad.

• Vinu says:

“Duh…” like all packaging designers in the world never thought of this!
    …superficial understanding of scenario. Sad.

• Rubens Dantas says:

Hi, Catia!

Please send me the name, website, etc. about the manufacturer of stackable bottles (10 or 20 liters of potable water) you’ve seen in your office. Here in Brasil we still don’t have this kind of gallon in the market.

Thank you in advance and best regards!

• jason says:

EVERYONE please please be more thoughtful…

Have you been lifting these large water bottles?? How many have you done and how often have you lifted this water bottles??

If you make a bottle a stackable design and have the bottom shaped like that, I will never ever change the water bottle. I will be so pissed!!!.

First! its heavy
    Second! that long neck will cause me to lift this water bottle staight up before I can pullit towards me.
    Third! if the bottom side bottle’s neck gets caught while taking the top bottle out, it will knock down the bottom water bottle.

They already have a simple solution in Korea! That is a styrofoam shaped like a donut and can be placed in between the bottles when it is stacked.

This is another typical (in-studio) idea design.
    It is funny how I see so many Korean named designers here are ignoring the usuability… sad..

• Salwa El Mokh says:

Is this design registered as industrial design, if yes can you please give me the registration number or any info that can make me sure it’s registered. Thanks

• naishadh says:

can you give me any supplier name and adress because i want one sample bottale.