Supernatural Coke!

I’m not getting you high on any abusive substance here, but simply telling you about a new spiritual form of the ever-famous Coca Cola. Lovingly called the Mystic, this new package boasts of “sexy lines”, “sculpted body”, and “loving silhouette”. It’s not an attempt to get Eco Friendly, but just an exercise to bring happiness in 3 dimensions!

UPDATE:
Jérôme Olivet wants to make clear that the bottle MYSTIC that he has created and presented on his website as being “the new Coca-Cola bottle” has in fact not been ordered by The Coca-Cola Company.

In any case, this is not the new Coca-Cola bottle.

Any reproduction of the trademarks owned by The Coca-Cola Company requires its prior written authorisation, Jérôme Olivet has consequently withdrawn any representation of the bottle MYSTIC that reproduced those trademarks and undertakes not to use them in the future without the agreement of The Coca-Cola Company.

For its part, the Coca-Cola Company specifies that the reproduction of its trademarks is not allowed without its prior written agreement, that it is not and has never been a client of Jérôme Olivet, contrary to what is stated on his website abovementioned, and that it does not intend to date to use the bottle MYSTIC.

Designer: Jerome Olivet

[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSKkFd9yii0 605 455]

• anon says:

lame and tastless
    there is nothing spiritual about this

• Etzer says:

I have to agree. There's nothing mystical about this. It looks like it came out of a bad sci-fi movie. Not to mention that it also got rid of the iconic curves of the original design. And to top it all off, there's no grip to it. Also, not to sound mean or anything, but I'm not too fond of anything in his gallery, either.

• anon says:

lame and tastless
    there is nothing spiritual about this

• Etzer says:

• Jibin says:

Nice try, but can't beat the original

• Jibin says:

Nice try, but can't beat the original

• anon says:

Like the looks and surface treatment, whats it made from? as it look more expensive and less recyclable than a exiting bottle.

• anon says:

• Looks pretty sexy, looks like a car designer has designed it. I would presume a massive company like Coca Cola would/should have some views on the environmental issues when making new products. Was good to see Puma take thought in the new design of the shoe box, quite 'green'

• mif991 says:

Why give this beverage an unfriendly to the environment and expensive package? Designer is on Coke.

• mif991 says:

• Inspyra.com says:

pretty nice….. hope 2 se it in the store 🙂

• Inspyra.com says:

pretty nice….. hope 2 se it in the store 🙂

• LeoBonilla says:

I like the design, but it's true is not spiritual. It fits in other categories.

• LeoBonilla says:

I like the design, but it's true is not spiritual. It fits in other categories.

• Bisti says:

I like it very much. Enough of broing plasit bottles!

• Bisti says:

I like it very much. Enough of broing plasit bottles!

• annnon says:

it looks beautiful!

• annnon says:

it looks beautiful!

• JRC says:

It's an interesting design, and a nice set of renders. However, if you are going to throw a known brand on something, you should spend time researching to make it more believable. CocaCola is VERY big on the silhouette of their bottles, so it is extremely unlikely that they would make a bottle like this. (Even for a side product.)

Plus, the overall silhouette of the shape reminds me of Ms. Butter-Worth's Syrup bottles, and I don't find that Sexy. There is a reason the Coca-Cola bottle gets skinny towards the bottom then flares again. It slightly mimics sexy curves. Even though the red part's silhouette does this on what I think is the front and back, the glass part of the bottle completely throws away what sexiness the red shape brings.

I'm not trying to "flame" you or your design, I just think if you had gone with a different brand, (not one so loved for it's classic feel) the design would come across better.

• JRC says:

I'm not trying to “flame” you or your design, I just think if you had gone with a different brand, (not one so loved for it's classic feel) the design would come across better.

• @Rawfle says:

And how much plastic would you waste on this? Looks pretty fat 😡

• @Rawfle says:

And how much plastic would you waste on this? Looks pretty fat 😡

• Jason says:

Are those air vents?! I agree with the comments, way too much plastic, and the manufacturing of this bottle would require a complete overhaul of the way plastic bottles are made, and not a good overhaul. A step backwards. The real challenge to redesigning disposable bottles is in the sustainability aspect. A normal bottle starts as a plastic blank and is blown into shape. This bottle requires full-on dual injection molding with some very fancy molds.

• Jason says:

• Vicky says:

it completely subvert the original

• Vicky says:

it completely subvert the original

• james says:

Manufacturing concerns aside, as a concept, it is sexy. The problem area for me is the tooth-shaped window – to me it says; "remember – drinking this will make your teeth fall out"

• james says:

Manufacturing concerns aside, as a concept, it is sexy. The problem area for me is the tooth-shaped window – to me it says; “remember – drinking this will make your teeth fall out”

• webdesign says:

yeah it's a good idea!
    i look like this.
    how long will it be available?

• webdesign says:

yeah it's a good idea!
    i look like this.
    how long will it be available?

• Acronyc says:

WoW a lot of angry comments.

My opinion is, it definately caught my attention however it’s not a good fit for Coca Cola. The silhuoette they currently have is perfection itself. This new design is very sporty and I think it would definately sell as its own product (plastic bottle). You’d have to emphasize the use of recycled products because it does look like it isn’t very environmentally friendly; hence using it as a permanent refilleable generic bottle.

Also, it looks like a bike seat at certain angles.

I like it, just not as a Coca Cola bottle.

• Acronyc says:

WoW a lot of angry comments.

Also, it looks like a bike seat at certain angles.

I like it, just not as a Coca Cola bottle.

• rynot says:

pointless academic exercise.

• rynot says:

pointless academic exercise.

• Dante says:

Looks like it should be NIKE water bottle

• Dante says:

Looks like it should be NIKE water bottle

• Nikita says:

About as spiritual as a bingo marker

• Nikita says:

About as spiritual as a bingo marker

• Guest says:

not spiritual, manufacturable, or beautiful. lame.

• Guest says:

not spiritual, manufacturable, or beautiful. lame.

• mango says:

Beautiful rendering; Colors, texture, lighting, etc. Cool video. Awful form! Gotta bust you on this one. This may be the most random arrangement of forms I have ever seen. Nothing about this says Coca-Cola, or any other coherent form language/story. I understand this should be looked at purely as a conceptual piece, I can put aside manufacturability and materials. This is yet another great example of a well modeled and well rendered piece of terrible design. Sorry you spent so much time on this.

• mango says:

• tryner says:

This thing is freaking awesome! I don't care what any of the other posters on here say, it is absolutely sex in a bottle. I'd buy this as a limited edition formula1 series bottle…and at a good upcharge too.
    ….Though it is a little crazy that it contains 110% of calories. LMFAO!!

• tryner says:

….Though it is a little crazy that it contains 110% of calories. LMFAO!!

• Leviticus says:

What a waste of plastic, and bad for the environment.

• Leviticus says:

What a waste of plastic, and bad for the environment.

• itokka says: