Forgot My Ruler

“Beg Borrow or Steal”, that’s what I used to get to hear from my class teacher when I used to forget to bring my pencil box to class. Like most diligent girls in school I used to carry a sharpner, eraser, pens, pencils, and ruler. God forbid if you forgot a ruler and had to draw some lines! Like we tend to carry extra pencils or pens, but never rulers! Well this Ruler Pen is a helpful answer. Too bad no one thought of this during my school days. Also there is no cure for being forgetful!

Designer: ShiKai Tseng

Ruler Pen by ShiKai Tseng

rulerpen2

rulerpen3

• Canastrophy says:

Now that is a practical idea! Might be a bit awkward to hold though, but I guess that’s not really an issue.

• dy3 says:

the shape of pen-trigonal prism-looks uncomfortable to hold. What If it’s changed from trigonal to cylinder?? i think trigonal-prism-shaped cap and cylinger-shaped pen can coexist

• Mauriciox says:

Cylinder isnot confortable for the rule, so when you traces a shape, could move..! think about it

• Mauriciox says:

• b0g3l says:

i like trigonal shaped pen, you get better grip. maybe just round the edge of the pen a bit to make it more comfortable to hold and leave the outer casing with the hard edges

• Steph says:

Hmmmm… a product should never dictate how you use it. I think dy3 is right… maybe re-work the pencil to be more comfortable to use. 😉 Otherwise, a fantastic idea!! 🙂 I’d so buy it!

• JUAN says:

THIS IS A LOW COST IMITATION FROMA DESING BY SHIGERU BAN THAT IS SOLD BY ACME, THAT USES DESIGNS OF FAMOUS ARCHITECTS A DESIGNERS

• b0g3l says:

but i really like my trigonal shaped mechanical pencil… its especially useful when you use one side for sometimes, it become flat and that is when i turn the pencil to use the sharp side

well yeah, you can do that too with cylindrical shaped ones but i feel it is easier with the trigonal one

• thats freaking amazing. i cant believe no one thought about it till now !

• R says:

Well, use google then… because I cant belive you belived no one did it “until now” 😉

• Unfortunately, this is strangely similar to a copyright-protected product we are going to introduce on the market soon, called Ruler Pen. It was introduced, registered and revealed in 2008 starting from a Brussels PechaKucha lecture. The original products, in final development pre-production phase, will be on the market early 2010. Stay tuned.