What the Pho?

What is Pho? Pho is food. Pho is: “Phở (fuh) n.Traditional Vietnamese beef noodle soup. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.” Find out more from, where else, Pho Fever! Now that you know what’s up, you’ve also got to know that our head editor Long Tran is master of Pho. Pho master Long has allowed his approval of this particular Pho design befo’ it’s even in his hands! That means it’s Photastic.

Omid sadri has designed a Pho tableware set just for the making and serving of Pho. Inspired by the form of a classical Vietnamese lantern, the bowl set here is designed to “simplify and enrich” the experience of the famous Vietnamese dish.

The bowl set makes the entire Pho dish easy to carry, then creates a unique experience by revealing the dish layer by layer.

My stomach agrees with this design.

Designer: Omid Sadri

Pho Tableware by Omid sadri 02

Pho Tableware by Omid sadri 01

Pho Tableware by Omid sadri 05

Pho Tableware by Omid sadri 03

Pho Tableware by Omid sadri 04

Pho Tableware by Omid sadri 06

• Ragde says:

I like it
    i belive that the form and funtions are in balance

• vcuong says:

wow really impression ,first time i saw the product involved Vietnamese .But i have a suggestion for you ,like traditional eat Pho noodle with lemon (or lime ) ,fresh vegetable and Red Chili sauce (you miss it)

• Rein says:

I love the design. A perfect marriage of food and sexy. Where can it be bought?

• M.S.W. says:

Design certainly brings some theatrical sense to the dining experience.

This set would make for a nice serving ware at a good sit in/porch resturant. 🙂

• Berkana says:

That’s pho-king awesome.

• lisa says:

I definitely want 2 of these sets. If not yet in production, it should be. Please keep me posted as to where to buy when available.

• Omid says:

Hello Lisa-

The bowl set is in early stages of production. Please contact me directly for any inquiries at [email protected] and I will let you know when it is ready.

Cheers,

Omid

• D says:

rất tuyệt!

• cnn says:

quite a nice design! and i also want a few of those sets. however, a broader base would be more stable and safer in handling extremely hot broth, IMO.

• Omid says:

Hello-

The bowl was designed after a real bowl to insure stability when carrying and handling to the table.

Cheers,

Omid

• MARY says:

Where can I buy this “Pho” Bowl set???

• Nina says:

Nice but more to wash 🙂

• FE says:

This is great!

• ANguyen says:

Beautiful!
    Creese on the top parts might be difficult to clean.

• Hanh says:

I always use Hoisin sauce and Chili sauce to dip the meat. So I think You can add little bowl for sauce.

• Lang says:

I suggest to sue the top lid for hoisin sauce and chili and have the lemon with the beansprout, etc..

• Lang says:

I suggest to use the top lid for hoisin sauce and chili and have the lemon with the beansprout, etc..

• Kim says:

I like the design . Where can I buy this set ? How much ?

• Haley Tran says:

it is a really nice design and I like it. But what is the material made of? Is it going to be too hot to handle when the hot soup is poured into the bowl. If it is soup is maintained hot and boiling in the bowl when we are ready to consume but the bowl is not hot to the touch, then that is great. But if it is too hot to handle, then I suggest it be placed on a matching plate. Also, where do we place the hoisin sauce and siracha that is to go in on top of everything? Plus some people to like to make a separate dipping sauce of hoisin sauce and sirachia, and some sate on the side for dippping the meatballs and meat from the bones. I also suggest maybe another plate, for the sauce?? Other than that, this is nice. Will it be marketed in the United States for us to purchase and what would the average cost be?

• Adrian says:

This is a splendid design. So earthy and warm, perfect for home-cooked pho.

I would love a couple of these but doesn’t seem like anyone has info on where to purchase these or if they’re even in production.

• bambi says:

cool!

• yoppl says:

i am vietnamese and ill show u how to make PHO if u go on my site, read and comment. belive it!

• ND.Tran says:

Love the design!
    But it should be better if it gets handles or under-plate because the soup(liquid) is often boiled, then difficult to serve like showed in the pictures.
    How much is the price & where, when can I buy it?

• going to the past looks interesting here!
    thanx 0mid 😉

• Trung says:

A fine and functional design. However, there is a catch. Vietnamese don’t like jagged pots and bowls, as they are, feng-shui’ly speaking, considered sign of poverty. Hence I doubt if it will catch a sizeable market. But kudos to your otherwise excellent idea.

• Neda says:

Hey Omid,

How can I get a couple of these series?I don’t have your email address?

• jabtko says:

Awesome design.I want this in my collection.

• viiilx says:

Very nice design which deserves a place in my china, and only in my china. How do I pick the small containers off the table? Can you really clean the top bowls? Will my chopsticks come soaking wet? …

• viiilx says:

• Anne says:

What a beautiful creation. My husband and I hope to be one of the lucky ones to have a set of our own someday. Congratulations on this wonderful invention. Best of luck!

• kwhit says:

I have tried to contact you via email wondering how much a set of these bowls are and how to go about getting a set. Is there a website where you have prices?

Thanks.

• Kate says:

Finally, something invented for the OCD Stacker!
    Wonder where I can get my hands on one.

• Kate says:

Finally, something invented for the OCD Stacker!
    Wonder where I can get my hands on one.

• Dan says:

Awesome design. Please keep us updated on when it’s available for purchase.

• Vince says:

Wow this is like art work. Brilliant idea.
    I’d like to order a few when it ships.

• iggles says:

is this in production anywhere? this is awesome. please tell me i can buy it somewhere?

• I’ll immediately snatch your rss feed as I can’t find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me realize so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

• Pamela says:

Please keep us updated on when it’s available for purchase.
    Thanks

• Larry says:

Mr. Omid:
    I am very interested in buying several of these sets. I have sent you an email at [email protected] but I have yet to receive a reply. Would it be possible to get the information as to where I can purchase this set? This is an incredible design. Please forgive me if this message seems pushy. I am just very excited about your design and would like to buy some as soon as possible. Thank you.

Larry