Do You Know To Coffee Pot?

Have you ever played the game Coffee Pot? Well it goes like this; you’re supposed to substitute a verb for the word Coffee Pot and your friends try and guess the word by asking questions related to the action. For example “I’m Coffee Potting Now!” (WRITING!) With no relation to this game, let me tell you about this ecological coffee machine called Cocoon. It is an insulated hollow pot that conserves the heat for a longer time, thereby reducing the need to re-heat coffee often.

Made of twin-spherical bowls, the water is heated via induction in the outer sphere and a pump in the handhold transports the warm water to the filter and finally the ready coffee drips into the inner sphere. The resulting cavity (where the water was before) between the both spheres, now serves as a natural insulator and keeps the coffee warm.

Moving on, if you like the game…will you Coffee Pot with me?

Designer: Jan König

• technology of NASA to make coffee.

• Carl says:

very complex.

• Lamah says:

Geez, could they have made it any more complicated? How much volume can you fit in the inner sphere before the outer one has to be made really massive?

• jeerker says:

great design. it seems too small to serve few people

• technology of NASA to make coffee.

• SIDD says:

Intriguing design. Would be interesting to have a look at an actual proof of concept or production piece. Build it, make it work, then we’ll talk.

• its pretty, no question there but a bit of advice use distilled water ONLY. Can you imagine cleaning that of hard water stains?

P.S.: Wanted to say good post!

• M.S.W. says:

There is a surface treatment that can be applied to the inner glass surfaces that would allow use of nondistilled water. Albeit a bit pricey, but certainly possible.

I could definitely see this item popping up on shelves at Sharper Image.

• brack says:

I get it. It is an interesting and different coffee making experience. I wouldn’t want to clean it and I wouldn’t buy one, but well done on the looks.

• trimtab21 says:

beautiful product design. a great green product as well – imagine how much electricity would be saved if all coffee pots were more like this!

• M.S.W. says:

Most interesting design. At first glance I thought it resembled a artsy version of a bong.