Contact Lens Kinda Makes You Cyborgy

This one’s kinda hard to swallow so take a deep breath, open your minds, and pretend it’s 2100. I CONTACT is essentially a mouse fitted to your eyeball. The lens is inserted like any other normal contact lens except it’s laced with sensors to track eye movement, relaying that position to a receiver connected to your computer. Theoretically that should give you full control over a mouse cursor. I’d imagine holding a blink correlates to mouse clicks.

The idea was originally created for people with disabilities but anyone could use it. Those of us too lazy to use a mouse now have a free hand to do whatever it is people do when they sit at the computer for endless hours. I love the idea but there is a caveat. How is the lens powered? Perhaps in the future, electrical power can be harnessed from the human body, just not in a Matrix creepy-like way.

Designers: Eun-Gyeong Gwon & Eun-Jae Lee

• lol I think that this is a pretty good idea. It seems like it would be impossible but none the less still a great idea :)

• anonnot says:

does anyone realize that this is a completely sensible solution? Good god, there are quadriplegics right now using a program called quick glance so that they can operate their computers. they have a camera in front and two infrared light sensors tracking their eye movements. Blinking IS the way they click and the system is set up to help them type and what not. this would offer a simpler solution for them, without all the pesky camera adjusting and infrared panel adjusting.

• anonnot says:

• This very smart desgin
    and nice technology
    thankyou very much

• This very smart desgin
    and nice technology
    thankyou very much

• What a fantastic post.Thanks

• What a fantastic post.Thanks

• Alix says:

clicking: like the author said: blink – the device could be calibrated to differentiate between a normal (quick) blink and an intentional (slow[er]) blink OR
    winks or squints may be options as well.
    power: as mentioned, RF (coil) power
    but
    why this?
    why not just use/improve the current (camera) eye tracking technology?

• Alix says:

–oh, & of course, the cursor, if needed, could be like a translucent curcle or the like

• sdklfjs says:

im not putting anything electrical in my goddamn eyeballs

• Rapbus says:

This could have medical uses (people who are paralyzed can often communicate through eye movement), but to call it a mouse and offer it to consumers is a hideously bad idea. Contact lenses are annoying to maintain, they don't last very long, and the thought of having a cursor dance in front of my eyes as I try to read something sounds just awful.

• aaf says:

actually this is no more than a funny idea
    when a breasts spamming picture appear you'll reflex move your mouse cursor rapidly and click

• What would you do when you need to spam the mouse click? and I think I would still prefer a traditional mouse.

• Elly says:

Now this technology could go places!

• Elly says:

Now this technology could go places!

• EHHHHH every time you try to read something it would be covered up by the mouse haha!

• [rb] says:

Yeah technology already exists for tracking eyeball movement for people who can use a mouse like quadriplegics etc – tal about re-inventing the wheel, a really convoluted wheel too

• [rb] says:

Yeah technology already exists for tracking eyeball movement for people who can use a mouse like quadriplegics etc – talk about re-inventing the wheel, a really convoluted wheel too

• Austin Fender says:

It could just be called the ieye 😀

• Naomi says:

This reminds me of Cookie from the kids show Ned’s Declassified.

• Dee says:

This would make RTS games alot more interesting and with the camera software tech that was being talked about in the top few comments this could actually be practical…sux I don’t know how to program lol

• Ali says:

Interesting Idea but I still like moving the mouse with my hand.

• Lion design says:

Personnaly I think That it isn’t interesting a system.
    It will be Boring to use you Will destroy your eyes keep inv. Them on the monitor
    And à system like kinnect can do it easy!
    It shoul ne easier à system like glasses, no it doesn’t works bécasse you have to click
    And doing it closing eyes is vers vert stupid idea , you Will click when you don’t want
    And Will destroy your eyes and mauve of you close twice thé eyes.
    Or with à system on your theeth

• The problem with this that you may not have realised is that 95% of the time we do not want a cursor to be where we are looking, the VDU is primarily an observation device, you’re mistaking it for an input primary function..it is not.
    stop thinking about where you may save the minuscule amount of energy pointing your mouse to a place on screen and think how annoying it would be if everywhere you tried to focus there was an annoying mouse pointer…for a start you would not easily have read this text.

as the dragons would say…I’m out

• Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I am confident they’ll be benefited from this website.

• It could just be called the ieye

• What’s Takin place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It
    absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads.

I hope too contribute & assist other users like its aided me.

Great job.

• This is the perfect webpage for everyone who wants to
    understand this topic. You know so much its almost hard
    to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a new spin on a topic which has been written about for years.
    Excellent stuff, just great!

• Leslee says:

Hi I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found you by error,
    while I was searching on Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a
    marvelous post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to
    browse it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back
    to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your
    efforts and I will be waiting for your further post thank you once again.

• If some one wants expert view regarding blogging and site-building afterward i suggest him/her to visit this web
    site, Keep up the nice work.

• games says:

This package also includes NHL Network, NBA TV and Big Ten Network along with
    10 other local sports network. These games require you first to download an emulator and then the game.
    DISH Network brings the best Hindi TV straight to your home.

• Randall says:

Little did she know that three years later, when she was just
    15, she would be called up for the United States national women. They might be different in their format but in its essence they
    are the same. The leather ball was created from several spherical roots by means
    of hard bristles that had been coated with rawhide,
    but once again, the game was played passing the ball from hand at
    hand.

• i j i2 says:

[Shared and Liked] Eun-Gyeong Gwon & Eun-Jae
    Lee Yanko Design :: i j i2 ::

What’s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It absolutely helpful and it has
    helped me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & aid different users like
    its helped me. Great job.

btw if you are searching for i j i2 just click this link http://vradiivka-maidan.org/user/ShanonY18irpc/ (aff) they
    provide the complete review and have the best deal online, along with promo codes