At Motorola Solutions, they create technologies that their customers refer to as their lifelines. Their technology platforms in communications, software, video, and services that help their customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, Motorola Solutions’ work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. With almost 100 design awards, Motorola Solutions’ purpose-built solutions are recognized worldwide by the most distinguished and select design organizations such as IDSA, Good Design, and Red Dot. They are in the Top Ten of companies in North America for IF awards and recognition. Apply now, and bring your passion, potential, and talent to Motorola Solutions, and help them usher in a new era in public safety and security!
Motorola Solutions introduced the latest version of its APX radio, the APX Next, a next-generation, mission-critical public safety radio. One of the major changes would be the touchscreen, with no weather conditions including rain being able to hamper its functioning!
The Innovation and Design Team is a cross-functional group within Motorola Solutions Chief Technology Office. User-Centered Design and Research is the fuel that fires the next generation of experiences and solutions for their mission-critical customers and users. The team consists of Industrial Design, UI/UX, Research, and Technologist who design for diverse and challenging markets. Police, Fire and Industrial user groups all have very distinct and tangible design problems; whether it’s the dirt, grime and high noise of industrial environments, gloves and turnout gear for fire or managing intense cognitive loads during police action. The team is exploring, testing and designing for emerging technologies that will define the next generation commercial, public safety, and first responder communication solutions. And they’re looking for a Senior Industrial Designer who wants to create designs that can make truly make a difference. Your designs will enable a User Experience and total solution that can save lives in moments that matter.
- Integrate effectively into a multidisciplinary group that includes cognitive and behavioral scientists, interaction designers, and human factors engineers and deliver to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Uncover problems and develop them into ideas that become design solutions grounded by end-user requirements providing a solid value proposition.
- Collaborate with marketing and engineering to assure the successful implementation of industrial designs.
- Understand and communicate a user journey or product value proposition through various media, storyboards, animations, and videos.
- Quickly identify and create appropriate design concepts with follow through to production.
- Create world-class hardware designs in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow up with manufacturing and production processes as required.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited industrial design program.
- A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A proven track record must be demonstrated.
- An ability to appreciate and work with human factors and research.
- Sensitivity to culture and end-users should complement a strong core knowledge in design.
- Strong 2-D visualization skills are necessary such as sketching, Illustrator and Photoshop software.
- Solid expertise in at least one 3-D CAD program, such as Solid Works, Pro E and or Rhino or other similar tools is required.
- Proficiency in video and animation (Adobe After Effects or similar) for storytelling of either user experience or product attributes.
How to Apply
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board