Ammunition is a design studio dedicated to bringing products and services that matter to market. Founded in 2007, Ammunition is led by partners Robert Brunner and Matt Rolandson. Their diverse team combines expertise in physical and digital product design, service design, brand identity, user experience, graphic design, and packaging. Ammunition Group works across disciplines to transform great ideas into experiences that create an emotional connection with customers and achieve business success for our clients. And latest honor is to be named as the #1 Most Innovative Firm in Design for 2019 by Fast Company! So what are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Nascent Objects is an entirely new concept of how to design, build, sell and re-use consumer electronic products that allow consumers to easily upgrade or reuse component modules in products created using Nascent Objects.
Currently, the San Francisco based industrial design team is seeking talented candidates for paid internships. We are looking for candidates with a strong talent in developing unique design concepts to help bring the brands of our clients to life. An ideal candidate has practical problem-solving skills and is driven to develop thoughtful design solutions that create meaningful user experiences. Candidates should possess strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate ideas through outstanding visualization skills. Interns are fully embedded into the ID team and contribute to every step of the industrial design process, from concept generation through final implementation. A solid ID background is necessary, a strong graphic aesthetic will be well received, and practical experience with engineering and manufacturing constraints is preferable.
• Maintain design intention from concept generation to final implementation
• A thorough understanding of design principles
• Personal commitment to quality, attention to detail
• Interface with UX, graphic and packaging designers to create seamless product solutions
• Ensure innovation by actively researching, sharing and implementing new trends and materials
• Excellent time management, organization & prioritization skills required to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight timelines and meet deadlines
• Effective, articulate design communication and decision-making skills
• Coordinate with vendors to help define and spec materials and processes used in fabrication and assembly
• Report to the VP, Industrial Design Studio
• Industrial design experience
• BS/BA/BFA degree (or equivalent) in industrial design (or equivalent)
• 3D modeling skills – preferably Rhino, Pro/E or Solidworks
• Confidence with 2D and 3D design visualization tools
• Evidence of prototyping abilities
• Great communication skills (visual, verbal, and written)
• The ability to think quickly and problem-solve on the spot with a maturity that maintains a positive team environment
• A portfolio that demonstrates wide-ranging concept exploration, innovative solutions, a clear process and is visually appealing
How to Apply
Please send your résumé and portfolio in an email entitled “Intern, Industrial Design” to [email protected].
Only those applicants who meet our stated requirements will be considered for this job. If you are a possible match for the position, we will contact you to learn more about your background and answer questions about our hiring process. Principals only. No recruiters, please.
San Francisco, CA.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board