Imagine getting to be an industrial designer at Apple! The company has been such an indomitable force over the past decades that it has arguably created, shattered, and evolved industries, technologies, categories, trends, and even boundaries! The one company that everyone looks to for design inspiration, Apple is clearly at the epicenter of consumer design and tech. With an incredibly revolutionary and secretive design team led by Sir Jonathan Ive and Marc Newson, Apple has been able to go from strength to strength, becoming the world’s first company to be valued at a trillion dollars, and also create some incredibly memorable products along the way. Now, you could be a part of that highly coveted and respected team of designers too. Apple is looking for industrial designers to join its team in Cupertino, California.
The Apple Industrial Design Group continues its ongoing call for portfolios. We invite curious, passionate, and collaborative industrial designers to apply. We are especially interested in applications from highly motivated, determined problem-solvers with rigorous attention to detail. We are always seeking design talent and will accept work from all levels.
Candidates must have:
• A body of work that has been produced or the understanding of how it can be produced. For students, works in progress are accepted.
• Passion for materials and material exploration.
• A healthy obsession with how things are made and how they work.
• Experience in hands-on prototyping, without relying solely on virtual design tools.
• Deep appreciation for aesthetics.
• Radical creativity.
• Basic 3D software skills.
• Excellent communication skills. English proficiency required.
• Industrial Design Degree required.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please direct a CV and concise PDF portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending work, please focus on physical projects. Include prototyping process and sketches.
Omit ethnographic research, user scenarios and marketing material.
At any time, you may also submit your portfolio at apple.com/jobs
Cupertino (California), USA.