UPDATE – Deadline extended to 2nd August, 2015.
That’s right! Now that I have your attention – if you are a student designer and keen on proving your prowess – enter the 2015 Taiwan International Student Design Competition and stand a chance to win $13,000! The purpose of the competition is to encourage international creative design exchange and develop creative design talents.
The Theme for this year’s competition is Embrace and those students who are currently enrolled at senior high schools or above and fresh graduates (graduate in June 2015) and new students (enroll school in September, 2015) are also eligible.
Participating Works – The creative design of the competition theme “Embrace” must be expressed in the participating pieces.
Category – Product Design, Visual Design, Digital Animation, and Brand Specified
Registration Fee – Free
Deadline – 2nd August 2015, midnight Taipei Time
Prizes in Product Design, Visual Design, and Digital Animation Category
- Grand Prix (1 winner): NT$400,000 (approx. US$13,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Gold Prize (1 winner for each category): NT$250,000 (approx. US$8,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Silver Prize (1 winner for each category): NT$150,000 (approx. US$5,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Bronze Prize (3 winners for each category): NT$60,000 (approx. US$2,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- International Design Association Special Prize (10 winners): NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,300), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Honorable Mention Prize (several winners for each category): NT$10,000 (approx. US$330) and a certificate
More information about the competition can be found here.
This year, the organizers have invited ten International Design Associations to endorse the 2015 TISDC International Design Associations Special Prize. These associations are: BBA (Brno Biennale Association), FHKDA (Hong Kong Federation of Design Associations), ico-D (International Council of Design), IDC (India Design Council), IPBM (The International Poster Biennial in Mexico), JDP (Japan Institute of Design Promotion), KECD (Korea Ensemble of Contemporary Design), MDA (Macau Designers Association), TCDC (Thailand Creative & Design Center) and TDC (Taiwan Design Center).