Sterilize and Clean Your Fresh Food

The other day I went to pick up some dishwashing detergent when I noticed they were selling food detergents now. I’ve always just used water to rinse off my foods but sometimes you need something harsher. The WOW Water Sterilizer uses electrolysis to eliminate harmful bacteria in everything from fruits, veggies, kitchen appliances as well as baby bottles and chew toys – all without chemical detergents. Sign me up.

Designer: Sang Keun Sim & Kyowon L&C Design Team

• Ginmemphis says:

Or just use a mild vinegar + water solution.

• Cathryne says:

Or use your immune system 😉 It’s mildy amusing to see people going crazy over ‘germs’ on their food. Not counting the serious stuff like EHEC that has been going round here in central Europe in May, the immune system of healthy people is more than able to tackle pretty much every bug that could lurk on food. I’d even suggest it needs them for good training. Keeping food ultra-sterile seems like out-sourcing your immune defence to the detergent company. A good idea in the long term?

• Cathryne says:

Sorry for multi-post, weird loading times of the comment section. Please delete this and 1st two commentaries.

• John says:

awesome!

• Arthurist says:

Hmm, the design and the concept is ok, but water ionizers (that use electrolysis) produce two kinds of water – acidic and alkaline. Alkaline is used for drinking-healing and the acidic – disinfection, washing and skincare.
    What I’m trying to point out is that wouldn’t the waters neutralise each other if just put into a container like that?
    Plus there are already ionizers that take your tap water and ionize it into two separate streams instantly.

• rdee says:

germs are you friend. It help your body build up and strengthen immune system against them.It is not good to be super clean all the time. you will just end up easily get sick.

• Vandigo says:

You can’t sterilize food or water. You can use a sanitizer on the food, but as soon as it touches anything else *air* its no longer sanitized. You can distill water, but as soon as it touches anything else *air* it is no longer distilled.

Stop being such germophobes people, a little dirty is good for you. You’ll sanitize yourself to death here.

• Jane maidment says:

I would like to try this. I would prefer to steralizer my babies bottles etc without using chemicals